Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Through the Grace of God!

As you all know, I've been back and forth, write then leave for a while. I've been a part time Christian for way too long. I'm trying to fight it. So please bear with me. Don't get me wrong, I've never stopped believing or loving our Father, just...I don't know. I'm tired of struggling and praying. I've got to stay focused and stay strong in the Lord. I do know that the struggles leads to great testimonies, so perhaps this is happening to strengthen me and share the testimonies.

Today for the first time in ages; I drove around our neighborhood--since I can't walk it any more--and prayed over the homes, asking for peace and the grace of God be over each and ever family. I do know of one with abuse going on, but unable to prove it, so I'm praying. Such a joy and peace came over me while out and about. I prayed heaven down to earth. Come Lord Jesus Come! I prayed for an anointing that all may come to know Him and feel His great presence and love.

When I got home, I sat in the van and prayed over our house and asked for an anointing over it; for the enemy has some control. I ended my prayers, closed my eyes and saw Jesus up there on the cross. That's when I heard, "Don't forget your Saviours great sacrifice. Let not His sacrifice for you be in vain." That's when I knew, take control, be led by Him only. I knew then that I must become organized and do as much in the Lord as I possibly can. Get back to reading the Bible! Stop being a sluggard!

Proverbs 6:6-11
6 Go the the ant, you sluggard!
Consider her ways and be wise,
7 Which, having no captain,
Overseer or ruler,
8 Provides her supplies in the summer,
And gathers her food in the harvest.
9 How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
When will you rise from your sleep?
10 A little sleep, a little slumber,
A little folding of the hands to sleep--
11 So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler,
And your need like an armed man. (NKJV)

Yes, I've been sleeping, unaware, slipping, not doing what I've been led to do, shutting out friends and family. Why does this happen? Because we fall into a rut, into a slumber of the brain, ignorant of what's to come. Yes, eyes be opened, heart be filled, run to Him and be lifted high!

NOTE: Off the subject in a sense, but part of my getting back on track. I've come across a book that is exciting and has given me new hope and strength. I'm 100 lbs. over weight. I've been disgusted with myself for a long time. No matter what I do, I keep it on. The book is titled: "Devotions for Dieters" by Dan R. Dick. Hopefully you too can get the book and we can follow this together. I'd like to do a daily segment on this in my health site and on here. Let me know if you are interested. If you can't get the book, let me know and I'll try to get it for you. It depends on how many requests I get. The ISBN # to help you find it at a book store is: 1-59789-073-1 I'd love for you to join me in this adventure, we can be supporters to one another to shed those many or few unwanted pounds.

Definition for sluggard according to Websters Pocket Dictionary: A lazy person.

Love and blessings to all!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Hello there, sister :)

We all feel sluggish every so often. I recall my mother struggling in the same ways you've written here through out her walk with The Lord, but I want to share something with you that I heard on radio the other day:

With food, we are hungry and once we eat, we are satisfied for a little while. With God, the hunger for Him and the desire for more never ceases. With His Spirit living and moving and having His Being inside of us - we will not fall away. His mercies are new every morning. GREAT is HIS FAITHFULNESS...regardless of our sluggish flesh.

Cheer up, sweet friend ♥

Omah's Helping Hands said...

This is exactly why I need to come back to blogging more! Thank you sweet sister! I so needed those words of great wisdom. Makes a lot of sense. Thank you sooo much Heather. Love you! <3