Saturday, February 5, 2011

What Type of Christian Are You

I love hear the voice of the Lord. I love it when He feeds us such good thoughts. The message He gave me this morning while in my prayer closet really got me to thinking. What truly amazes me--but now as I'm typing this, He is revealing why it happens this way--is that our Pastor has spoke this very message, & it hit home, but now hearing it from the Lord, it has really hit me. He revealed to me just now that this happens as some times the foundation is laid and then when we are ready to really soak it in, He reminds us in another way. Thank You Lord!!!

So the question is, what type of Christian are you? Are you a:

Ritualistic Christian: The type that does things by the numbers. Has to pray at a certain time, read the Bible in a certain fashion, pray a certain way each time. Never letting the Holy Spirit guide you. Never allowing yourself to step out of that comfort zone.

Or a Part Time Christian that attends groups, goes to church and it ends there; or when someone calls upon you, you act out of obligation.

Or a Me Christian: One who does things your way, saying you are living the life the Lord has planned for you, but in the manner you see fit.

Or a Weekend Only Christian: The one who goes to church on the weekend, worships and prays and then walks out the door of the church and turns back to the ways of the world.

Or a When I Have Time To Be A Christian: The one who wants to be a Christian, but only takes the time when you can find the time in your busy schedule.

Or The Rush Through it Christian: Okay, I have time to get in a quick prayer, I'll try to read a little bit of the Bible now and hopefully find time to read some more later. Later comes and you find yourself saying, "I should have made time, but it's too late now, forgive me Father, You know my heart."

Or are you a Full Time Christian: The one who reads the Word, follows what is written, seeks all the time the Kingdom, works hard to be Christ like, to be the person God created you to be. Allows yourself to be led by the Holy Spirit, always seeking what He wants for you to do with each situation.

When this subject was presented to me this morning, I thought, "Oh oh, where have I been failing again Lord? I'm trying hard to be a better Christian, truly I am." But I knew what He was getting at. It saddens me that I haven't put up a bigger fight. That I haven't been more strict with myself. I'm one of those in-betweeners. But mostly that Rushed/Busy Christian.

This is really hard to write, as it is embarrassing, but it is also an awakening that has been a long time coming. First the addiction, now this. I'm just thankful I'm able to hear the convictions and am able to heed them. Praise the Lord! I know I should not be embarrassed, as He uses us to learn and then help others. I pray that when this is read that it does help anyone else out there who may be struggling.

I don't know about you, but I definitely want to reach that Full Time Christian position.

Personally, I want to be that full time Christian, so why isn't it happening? It's because I let the ways of the world/flesh creep in all too easy. It's because I haven't "Disciplined" myself enough to be where I should be to know when the enemy is up to his old tricks, pulling me back in.

So I ask myself, "What is it going to take to stay in the Word, learn His commands, follow His promptings always, be the person I have been called to be?" The answer is simple. "Discipline, and handing ourselves completely over to Him." I know there have been times I "thought" I had done that. But then looking back, it was because I was listening to the lies. I was believing I was being whole hearted, when I wasn't keeping myself in check and waiting upon the Holy Spirit.

What now? It's time to take a stand and tell the enemy, "No More!" Get quiet with the Lord and let the Holy Spirit come and take control. No more--well this is another post, so wont go down that road yet. It's another lesson I heard a couple of days ago but didn't log. I will share that one tomorrow or Monday.

Meanwhile, take time to really do some soul searching. What type of Christian are you? God Bless You.

3 comments:

Carole in the UK said...

My goodness, I have enjoyed reading, this as the Lord has been speaking to me about disipline and you spoke straight to my heart. I know the Lord sent me here for a reason!!

I have just finished a time of fasting and that was the word that was revealed to me.

I am borderline full time christian, however I do lack discipline in my walk. I am fervently digging deeper into the Word of God, in order to find more direction in how I should be a more discipined and obedient soldier for Him.

Thank you, I love the topics on your site because they are so real!! :)

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Much as I try to be the full-time kind, it's often the rushed/busy kind instead. :o(

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Thank you Carole. One thing I've learned is we are to testify to one another and that is what I try to post.

I am a borderline/busy Christian. I try hard to be as true of a Christian as possible, but sometimes life does throw us curve balls, and being human we tend to stumble. Besides, not one of us is perfect, nor can we ever be, darnit! ;)

Blessings to you both and thank you for your comments,
Tammy