Thursday, February 17, 2011

Why Some may not Believe

While writing up a Bible study for my family from Life Principles Bible by Dr. Charles F. Stanley, I came across the following:

Why do so many people not enjoy God's presence? Because they do not really know Him.

That made me realize that so many out there think that because He can not be seen or touched that He is not real. There are many other reasons used as well, but am thinking this is a big issue, as I've heard others state, "How can you believe in something you can not see?"

Good question. Until you have actually experienced the presence of God, you may never know. I pray for those that are afraid to trust in the unknown, will give God a chance. When you receive the Lord and start enjoying experiences with Him, you end up with no doubt in your mind that He is very much real. It's an experience like none other.

Is the walk always beautiful? No, due to His using difficult times to teaching us, drawing us nearer, and to keep us from taking a wrong path. I've personally experienced the presence of the Lord many, many times, in many various ways. From being saved from what should have been a deadly outcome, to visions, touches and hearing. He lets you know that He is there. You can feel His presence in so many ways.

If one would sit back and think about different situations that should have turned out way different that was out of ones control, and pondered how it did not make any sense, the answer would be your loving Father saved you from that moment in your life.

I challenge you to pick up the Bible and start reading His promises for you. Start reading His love letters to you; as basically it's God telling you how much He loves you and wants to be a part of your life. God wants a personal relationship with you. After all, what do you have to lose?

I know I've said it before, but believe it is worth repeating. What do you have to lose by believing in the Lord your God? Absolutely nothing. If He's real and you believe and follow Him, you will live a wonderful life of eternity with Him. If you don't believe and He's real, you have everything to lose.

Personally, I choose to believe as I know in my heart He is very real. I challenge you to give Him a chance to prove to you that He is real. If you go into this challenge with an open mind and faith, you won't be disappointed. Then get yourself in a good "Faith-based" church that teaches the Holy Bible, not one that has been written to meet the needs of the church, and walk that beautiful walk.

My heart aches for those that are lost. I pray that you will find Salvation in Him and soon. You will not be disappointed. I'm sure glad I came back to Him. It's been a beautiful walk, even during all the trials and tribulations we have been through. I look forward with great joy to meeting more of those trials and tribulations, as each time I grow closer to Him and have a stronger understanding. Often times receiving correction on things I've been doing wrong at just the right time. For you see, God's timing is always perfect, and His love for us is perfect. Imagine having a Heavenly Father who loves you no matter what and never gives up on you. He waits for you with open arms always welcoming you.

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Oh, you are so right...His joy is everlasting--this world didn't give His joy and it cannot take it away! But, for those who are lost, just one touch of His presence will bring a ray of sunshine--sunshine that they will seek the rest of their lives. Let us stay steeped in His Word with our arms open wide to those who want to enter the Fold. May your writings and doings be blessed! Your Sister in Christ, Cynthia

Omah's Helping Hands said...

You are a beautiful inspirational woman Cynthia! So full of positiveness! I pray more come to find the same attitude you have. So happy to have met you Sister. May the Lord continue to bless you abundantly. You are so right!
Your sister in Christ, Tammy