Monday, February 8, 2010

Looking for Romance in all the Wrong Places

I just read an excellent article written by Cindi McMenamin from Crosswalk's Live It! The title was: When Your Heart Longs to be Romanced.

The article talks about how so many of us women end up being disappointed on Valentines Day. We want to be romanced and doted on; but most the time, men fall short of giving a woman what she wants. When women were questioned as to what they look for more; a man that is in tuned to their woman and is sensitive to her needs, or a man that does half the housework. The majority wanted a man that was in tuned to her.

But have we forgotten the true romancer, our true love for all eternity? Are we looking for romance in all the wrong places?

Cindi wrote:

But what if this year you took the man in your life off the hook? What if this
year you focused not on your expectations or the disappointment that the
"Day of Romance" tends to bring, but on the Author of Romance, Himself, and
what He's been trying to show you day in and day out about how cherished you
are in His sight? In other words, what if this year you looked to God to
meet your expectations first and then let the man in your life (if you have
one) do what he can and see it as an added bonus?


Boy does this make sense or what?
The following are some Scriptures she had offered without the extras she had
written with them. I wish I could have found the link for the article but was
unsuccessful. I received this in an e-mail.His promise to us stands true:
Isaiah 49:15
"Can a woman forget her nursing child, and not have compassion on the son of her womb? Surely they may forget, yet I will not forget you."

Something to treasure and never let go of.
Jeremiah 31:3
"The Lord has appeared of old to me, saying; 'Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn to you."

He has never left us!
Isaiah 54:5-6
"For your Maker is your husband, the Lord of hosts is His name; and your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel; His is called the God of the whole earth,
6 For the Lord has called you like a woman forsaken and grieved in spirit, like a youthful wife when you were refused," says your God.

No one can match His love for us.
John 15:13
"Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends."

We should always be thankful for what He has provided for us.
Hebrews 13:5
"Let your covenant be without covetousness: be content with such things as you have for He Himself has said, 'I will never leave you nor forsake you."

His love for us is unconditional!
Ephesians 1:4
"Just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love."

Praise God for His undying love for each and every one of us!
Romans 8:39
"...nor heighth or depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

After having read this and the Scriptures I realized how often when I've walked away to some degree and not in the Word; coming closer to our Father; life gets crazy and no matter how much my husband dotes on me and loves on me, I don't see it the way he shows it. Now I know why.

I accept what He has give me. I accept His love! What greater husband could we ask for than the one true romancer and author of Love? I for one want that. How about you? Okay ladies, are you going to join me in letting our earth husbands off the hook this year? I think they deserve it!

No comments: