On the way to the imaging place today, I reflected on all the wonderful things the Lord does for us. He has blessed me in so many ways, I could never say thank you enough and find myself thanking Him more and more each day. Thank You Lord!
1) While driving to my appointment, for some stupid reason I found myself becoming apprehensive. I prayed and told Satan he's a liar, sited the Lords Prayer, and instantly felt calm. How great is that!
2) After that, I started to look around when my son mentioned the fact that the farmers are already reaping their crops, which is never seen this early in the year. Praise God for the much needed moisture this year to help out the struggling farmers. The fields are so green and lush!!! Especially for being a dessert area.
3) Then I thought about the beauty that surrounds us daily that He has provided us and for the beautiful sunshiny day.
4) I also thought about how thankful I am to be given another day here to learn, to grow, to become more faithful and to become closer to God. We can never be too thankful for that.
5) After the MRI--which I did have a couple of panic attacks at the time, but know one could tell--I was thankful that He answered me when I asked him to hold me and walk me through it all. As always, He was there and held me. What an awesome God. Thank You! Once it was done, I was thankful for being able to get through it without stopping. I was thankful the IV did not hurt at all, the nurse was awesome!!! I was thankful that the chemical put in me did not have any side affect at all!!! Praise the Lord!!!
6) On my way to my appointment I could feel the prayers of everyone, literally, which brought a smile to my face. Thank you so much!
7) On my way home, I looked around at the beauty and color of the trees, thought of a blog post I had recently read about being thankful for nature (sorry I don't remember which one it was) and agreed. God has hand painted a land for us that holds so much beauty no matter where we live. The majestic mountains, the many different trees with different colors, the array of flowers, bushes, etc. The animals, and all the other critters that fly and crawl. And yes, some of them creep some of us out, but if you really look at them, they still have a beauty about them. The wonders of all flying creatures. I could sit and watch the birds of prey as well as other birds for ours. (My goal, to become a photographer if and when I get the right equipment, by God's will) to capture their beauty some day. They are so graceful.
1 I will lift up my eyes to the hills--from whence comes my help?
2 My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.
But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.
2 Serve the Lord with gladness; come before His presence with singing.
3 Know that the Lord, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves; we are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
4 Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
5 For the Lord is good; His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endures to all generations.
2 Samuel 22:2-4
2 "The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
3 The God of my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge; My Savior, You same me from violence.
4 I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised; so shall I be saved from my enemies.