Thursday, August 27, 2009

Bible Studies: Psalm 3

Time for some catching up. I'll be gone for 3 days and then it's time to get back on track. So today will be:

Psalms 3:1-8
Confidence in Troubled Times
A Psalm of David when he fled from his son Absalom. (CSB)

1 Lord, how my foes increase!
There are many who attack me.
2 Many say about me,
"There is no help for him in God."
3 But You, Lord, are a shield around me,
my glory, and the One who lifts up my head.
4 I cry aloud to the Lord,
and He answers me from His holy mountain.
5 I lie down and sleep;
I wake again because the Lord sustains me.
6 I am not afraid of the thousands of people
who have taken their stand against me on every side.
7 Rise up Lord!
Save me, my God!
You strike all my enemies on the cheek;
You break the teeth of the wicked.
8 Salvation belongs to the Lord;
may Your blessing be on Your people.

It does seem that the closer we become to God, the more we are attacked. I never ran into so much degradation of Christ until now. When going through my on-line classes, there was a student in my World Religions class that was atheist through and through. We were able to really have some great discussions. Then another was just set in his ways and became angry with me for my thoughts. Unfortunately I was still a babe in Christ at the time and wasn't armed with the tools needed, but did feel that the one was approachable.
Thank You Lord for protecting us, for placing a hedge of protection around us. as it says in v. 4 we cry out to Him and He answers. Glory be to God!
Because of His great love we no longer live in fear; for we know He is there to protect us. Praise the Lord for Salvation! With God, all things are possible.
Notice how it says in v. 8 that "Salvation belongs to the Lord: Your blessing be on Your people."
This verse reminds of how we are to love our enemy. I know that's not exactly what it's saying, but the thought that came to mind while reading it. Despite our difficulties with others, instead of being angry, bitter, carrying a grudge or what ever the case may be; we need to be praying for them, and show them kindness. "Your blessing be on Your people," for are we not all God's people? May we all be saved and receive His blessings, for Salvation is the Lords! Hallelujah! Praise God. Amen!

3 comments:

RCUBEs said...

Great post! We don't need to argue with those non-believers. It is pointless, I think. But deep inside, I just pray. Have a wonderful weekend sister. God bless.

Grace said...

I agree with Rcubes, there is no sense in arguing with unbelievers. And all we need to do is pray silently.
It is so nice to be back here in your blog, Tammy. :)

Omah's Helping Hands said...

I agree completely. Arguing doesn't get anyone anywhere. I do believe in healthy debates. If one shows interest, then all the better. I believe as Grace said, it's best to pray in silence for them. I also believe we are to follow the instructions of the Holy Spirit. If we are led to try to lead someone to Christ, then this is what we should do. For we should never dis-obey His commands. Thank you for your comments. They are very much appreciated.