Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wise Teaching

Today I learnt something very important. I don't know how many of you have read and/or heard John or Lisa Bevere teachings. Wow! Wow! Wow! Talk about two people totally annointed by the Lord and so willing to serve. Those two are completely dedicated and God is speaking through them.

I had mentioned that John recently visited our church and spoke. It was awesome. I missed the night he spoke on his program "Breaking Intimidation." I was bummed to have missed that one. The following day was on "Honors Reward." That was awesome. So now I am going through a small group studying the Breaking Intimidation Series. I had attended one before, but we did not do the work book nor the DVD's. Reading was amazing and inspiring, but listening to and watching his passion in the subject is just WOW! I don't know how else to say it.

So there is one thing in particular that hit me. All these years, I thought it was the wrath of God when destruction hit. I thought it was the wrath of God saying, "Hey you fools, wake up." But I could never understand why He would do it to the innocent too. I knew there was no way "all" those people were evil and sinning that bad. John put it into perspective. It all makes sense. I picked this particular one out, as it is a good start to "Breaking Intimidation" by understanding this tid bit. I would love to share so much more of the book, but do not want to ruin it before you have the chance to read and listen yourselves. You will get so much more out of it. I may give a tidbit each week, we'll see. ;)

The message: Think back to the very begining of creation when God created Adam and Eve. Who did He put in charge of earth? Adam. Who did he say to make sure that the fruit of knowledge tree was not to be eaten from? Adam. Yes, Eve as well, but Adam was placed in charge. Eve was tempted and took the fruit to Adam. Adam should have said no. Then what happens? Havoc is unleashed sin Adam had given into Satan. Adam gave his "authority" to Satan.

In The Garden of Eden, it was peaceful and beautiful. When Adam sinned and lost his authority, snakes started to bite, lions started to attack, disasters began happening. So the next time a disaster strikes, don't get upset with God. Remind yourself, Adam is the one responsible for the acts. We need to keep our strength in the Lord, remember that Jesus came to earth to save it and take back the authority over the earth.

So let's all stand in agreement to walk with the Lord, to walk in His word, to live by His word, and not give up our authority to Satan. He so wants to gain it back from us. Imagine the destruction if we all started allowing him to break us down. Love the Lord with all your heart, READ the word daily, and get on your knees and pray.

Keep the Fruit of the Spirit and live by it, wear your armor of God. Fruit of the Spirit is: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness, self-control. Gal. 5:22.

I am going to leave you with some scriptures to read: Gen. 1:26, 3:17-19,21, 9:2, Ps 18:19, 26:12, 91:1, Isa. 65:25, 12:14, 43:25-26, Mat. 1:23, 28:18-20, Mark 4:4, Luke 4:6, 5:20-24, 10:19, Acts 1:16-17, 1:20, 5:20-24 Rom. 8:20, Eph. 1:19-20, 2:2,6, 4:27, 2 Sam. 8-18, 12:13

Now keep in mind, this isn't the exact words that John Bevere spoke. His way of saying it all was so powerful. The best thing to do is get the set and sit down and really listen and take notes! God Bless!

4 comments:

Cinder Rail'lee said...

AWWWWWWWWWWWW TAMMY YOURE BACK!

I MISSSSSSSSSSSED YOU..and LOVE YOU

AWESOME POST, WOW

Denise said...

Such a powerful post, love you.

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Thank you Tami and Denise. You two are the best. I missed you too, and am so happy to be back. Glad to see you are up and running again Tami:)
Love and blessings

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Good post. I only just heard about the Bevere's at one of my Bible studies, and need to look up their websites and read their testimonials.