Friday, August 21, 2009

Psalms: Friday's Bible Study

Today's study is taken from Psalms Chapter 2:
Coronation of the Son

1 Why do the nations rebel and the peoples plot in vain?
2 The kings of the earth take their stand and the rulers conspire together against the Lord and His anointed One:
3 "Let us tear off their chains and free ourselves from their restraints."
4 The One enthroned in heaven laughs; the Lord ridicules them.
5 Then He speaks to them in His anger and terrifies them in His wrath:
6 "I have consecrated My King on Zion, My holy mountain."
7 I will declare the Lord's decree: He said to Me, "You are My Son; today I have become Your Father.
8 Ask of Me, and I will make the nations Your inheritance and the ends of the earth your possession.
9 You will break them with a rod of iron; You will shatter them like pottery."
10 So now, kings be wise; receive instruction, you judges of the earth.
11 Serve the Lord with reverential awe, and rejoice with trembling.
12 Pay homage to the Son, or He will be angry, and you will perish in your rebellion, for His anger may ignite at any moment. All those who take refuge in Him are happy.

As we can see from this Psalm, we must listen and follow the instructions the Lord has laid out for us. For those instructions come from the Father. We have seen through the Bible what can happen when we do not follow His word; when we don't heed His warnings. This is why we must get on our knees and pray, read the word daily, be in constant conversation, and listen. Listen for His might voice, for often times it may just be a whisper.

None of us want to feel the wrath of God. When we think of Pharaoh and how he mocked Moses and his warnings sent by God the devastation and destruction he brought down on them all. The flood of the earth when all were sinning. There is plenty of evidence of what happens when we decide not to obey. This is His warning to all. Our government officials need prayer that they might be reminded of this very Psalm and heed the warning!

3 comments:

Cinder Rail'lee said...

How I LOVE GOD.

How I fall short in so many ways.
How I question my abilities to be the BEST Christian out there.

Tammy, I look forward to reading Fridays Bible STudies!

BEAUTIFUL, CARING, LOVING AND KIND
You are all and SO MUCH MORE.

Thank you and love ya sis

rcubes said...

It is scary the way our government is going...But may it start with the people, too for it seems that a lot had turned their backs on the Lord! And if they didn't, they are not being guided by His wisdom. God bless.

Anonymous said...

I thank God that when I fall down He is merciful to pick me back up. God bless and love you my friend!