Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Thankful Thursday



I'm thankful for a Loving God. No matter what we go through, He is always there. He is the only One that is Always there. He is always guiding, teaching, loving us, providing for us, answering... And the list goes on. What more could anyone ask for?

He knows our every need. He knows the exact time we need to hear something. I just love how He works in our lives. The way He brings the right people into our lives when we need them the most. How He knows the right people to teach us through the gifts He has given each individual.

Most of all, He doesn't care what we look like, how we dress, what color our hair is, etc. He designed us. He is happy with who we are. He doesn't expect us to be what others may expect us to be like. He only wants us to be who He put us here to be, to do His work.

Complain about what is expected? No way! I will always strive to do the best I possibly can. I take each day as a testimonial of His love. Remind myself of the great sacrifice of God giving of His only begotten Son to die for our sins. The suffering Jesus endured for us. And of Jesus roaming the desert for 40 days and 40 nights with nothing to drink or eat and being tempted by the devil. I gather strength by those happenings. Reminding myself what a lucky people we are to have such a great daddy!

Thankful I am. No, I could not ask for anything more. I once was a materialist girl. Thinking of how I wish I had what others had. Thinking we needed this and that to keep up with society to look the way I thought we were expected to look. But then I was led back to the Glorious, Loving Father, was saved, and given another chance. Daddy, I won't walk away this time. No, as I am thankful for each day you give me to learn more, to be led by You, and to get closer to You. Thank You Great Heavenly Father for your ever lasting love and faithfulness.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Amen! Beautifully written!