Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Arthritis

Due to having rheumatoid arthritis, I decided to answer a question that was posed to me, but was not sure if it was spam or not, so denied the comment. I apologize if you were somebody seriously looking for an answer. I know your pain and will tell you what I’ve learned.

I do not take any prescribed medication thus far, but will when the pain gets bad enough. I’ve learned not to baby it. Exercise the areas to the best of your ability. Stay fit mentally and physically. Eat healthy. Avoid a lot of salt, as this will cause more discomfort. Of course weather changes do affect it, and there is nothing we can do about that.

I highly recommend going to web sites such as the Mayo Clinic and Web MD and learn about which ever arthritis you have and you will see what you can do for treatment. Believe it or not, I take Tylenol arthritis when I get bad flare ups. I recently had arthroscopic knee surgery due to arthritis, so it’s not a mild case of it. My left hand gets really swollen and there are times when it is very difficult to use my hands, but I keep working it and it really does help. The worst thing you can do is to avoid using body parts that hurt from it.

Hope this helps with anyone just finding out or struggling with arthritis. If it is real bad, see a good Rheumatologist. It will pay off.

No comments: