Sunday, October 26, 2008

If Jesus Complained

This all came about after dropping my daughter and her children off. I have rheumatoid arthritis, and it's getting worse. It particularly affects my hands, arms and knees. I take care of 2 of the grand children full time--a 4 year old and 4 mo. old, and 1-2 of the others after school and on the weekends--a 6 year old and 7 year old.

You see, I have come to realize that one of my callings is to do for others, help as much as possible and lessen the burden on family members as much as possible. Well, lately I've been taking the kids longer, and have been go, go, go with them. The reason being is one of them is very depressed. We've been really worried about her. She is living in an abusive situation, which is having an affect on her little sister too. Their family life is not very good. Paccah (there grandpa) & I have been praying for guidance on how to deal with the situation. Our main concern is the little ones as they can not do anything about it.

Well today, I had 4 of the 5 grand kids today. Thankfully, Paccah took care of the baby, so Omah could be outside with the others. They rode bikes and Omah was there to pick up the youngest often as she kept getting knocked off her bike. Then we carved pumpkins. OMG, Omah is sore. :(, That is a lot of carving, especially with the big ones, let me tell you when your hands don't want to work and your arms are already hurting, but it was worth it to see their joy and exitement as they pulled out the innards and then saw the finished product after Omah finished the carving.

Then our daughter wanted to go get groceries and said she would take a couple of the kids with her. But, none of them wanted to go, so we were going to have all 5 kids. Okay, no biggie until Paccah says he won't be here. But oh well. So I fixed dinner, and of course they all wanted something different, which Omah usually doesn't do, but was not prepard for a bunch to feed, so it was okay. Then mom decides she had better wait to go shopping as she could tell the kids were a handful. After dropping them all off, I could feel every muscle in my body screaming at me. I started to whine to myself, then it hit me.

I love the Lord and His sense of humor, but still gets through to us. This is what He said to me:
Have you ever thought about what it would be like if Jesus whined and felt sorry for Himself? Think about it. I would get to the point where I would throw my hands up in the air and say, "That's it! I've had it with the whole lot of you! I'm finished; I can't take all of you whining all the time." I felt silly then and told Him I was sorry and would share this on my blog, as I could tell it was a message He wanted others to hear as well. We have chuckled over my stubborness often. Thank heavens He has a sense of humor and is so forgiving. He has told me that yes I am a stubborn one, and sometimes He wonders about me, but He still loves me! :) This happens when I tell Him that He must get really frustrated with me sometimes when I get stubborn and try to do it on my own. But He gets my attention real fast and reminds me. I can't imagine life without our Father in it. God is Good!

So when you feel like life is getting too strenous and you feel like whining, ask yourself, What if Jesus complained? Then remind yoursel of all the good He has done and the suffering He went through for us and not once did he whine! We all go through our seasons. Sometimes God puts us in tough situations to bring us closer to Him. He has a reason for everything. God Bless!

No comments: