Thursday, January 29, 2009

God's Promises: Thursday

Joy; Meekness; Patience; Honesty; Wisdom; Sickness; Obedience; Courage; Fear; Hope; (CBS Version)

Joy: Psalm 4:7: "You have put more joy in my heart than they have when their grain and new wine abound."
With the Lord, we can experience greater joy!

Meekness: Psalm 22:26: "The humble will eat and be sastified; those who seek the Lord will praise Him. May your hearts live forever."
Humble yourselves before the Lord. Have faith in Him. Believen and follow Him and you will be provided for. Give Him praise as well and you will find eternity.

Patience: Hebrews 10:23: "Let us hold on to the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful."
We should be faithful as our Father is. Follow His ways, wait upon Him. He always answers, even though it may not be in the manner we would like.

Honesty: Leviticus 19:35: "You must not act unfairly in measurements of length, weight, or volume."
Honesty is the best policy no matter how we look at it.

Wisdom: Psalm 32:8: "I will instruct you and show you the way to go; with My eye on you, I will give counsel."
All we have to do is listen. Meditate on the Lord. Read the word, follow.

Sickness: Jeremiah 17:14: "Heal me, Lord, and I will be healed; save me, and I will be saved, for You are my praise."
Once again, ASK Ask and you shall receive.

Obedience: Deuteronomy 6:3: "Listen, Israel, and be careful to follow [them], so that you may prosper and multiply greatly, because the Lord, the God of your fathers, has promised you a land flowing with milk and honey."

Courage: Isaiah 43:1: "Now this is what the Lord says--the One who created you, Jacob, and the One who fromed you, Israel--'Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; you are Mine."
Just simply place your hand in His and he will be there. You have nothing to fear. Cast all your cares and your worries up to the Lord.

Fear: Isaiah 41:13: "For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand and say to you: Do not fear, I will help you."
We have the promise of our Lord our God. What more do we need?

Hope: 1 Peter 1:13: "Therefore, get your minds ready for action, being self-disciplined, and set your hope completely on the grace to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ."
Oh yes, just believe, pray and believe, we will be taken care of!!! Hallelujah!

No comments: