Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Believing in God's Healing

Received some news today. The Lord is letting me know I'd better wake up and start taking better care of myself. I'm a bit slow in doing so and I guess I needed a little extra push. Hehehe.
For starters, my chiropractor tells me I need not push myself when trying to exercise to start out slow.
Hmmm, now how does one do that??? ;) I can be very impatient. Huh, impatient, no way! But yes indeed, must admit to it. Yes, instead of riding that bike 20 minutes right off the bat, start with 7 and gradually build up. Ohhhh, that's why the body hurts so bad, baby steps instead of full board. But, but, but...I like to be active, I like to move, can't stand being idle, whah, whah, whah. Okay, finally give in, guess the right way is better.
Plus he says it sounds like I suffered a mild stroke called a TIA. Okay, had a feeling that's what was going on, but wasn't able to go to the hospital.
Then the doctor this afternoon tells me the same thing. She thinks I suffered a mild stroke. Okay, it runs in the family, but at my age, oh yeah, getting older, darn. But at my age??? Hehehe. Sorry, couldn't get off that one. Had to throw in one more. ;) So we get to go in for a brain scan, (MRI) next Wed.

I'm not trying to make a joke out of the whole thing, as it was scary going through it. Hubby and Jay were really worried. But you know what, for the first time the news was taken calmly. God does that to you. When I left her office, I told Jay--he and A went with me--and he put his arm around me and said, "wow, I'm so sorry mom." I was like, "it's okay, the Lord is doing something in my life. He's trying to tell me something. I really believe He's trying to tell me to take better care of myself." So I'm like okay, I'm believing in healing. He's going to take care of me. I just need to listen. :) And yes, I have a stubborn streak in me too. I must really have him pulling on his hair often. Thank heavens He has a sense of humor, or I'd really be in trouble. ;)

So, if you wouldn't mind taking a stand with me, praying for healing and that the MRI will come out okay, the numbness in my feet goes away, the neck pain and headaches subside for good, the back pain ends, and the FMS and RA goes no further, and all the other numbness and pain subsides, it would be really appreciated. Prayer in numbers goes a long way. I'm not asking for sympathy, as there are many out they suffering way worse conditions, and that's just now who I am, just asking for prayer. It's one of those bumps in the road where He's saying, "hey, I need your attention. You need to start taking better care of that tent I loaned you. I need you healthy and fit so you can do the work that I want you to be doing for Me!"

So Lord, I'm listening loud and clear. You are trying to help here and teach. I'm ready to take the time to really listen and follow your lead. Please forgive me for being so stubborn. I believe you are trying to help my whole family as Sarah, AA, Dad, J, and I are all suffering from many similar things. I'm here Father, take me, use me to find out what is happening so that we may all be mended and all the rest except dad being younger can be cured without all the tests. You are an awesome Daddy, and I'm believing in Your great healing for each of us. Not just my family, but for all those that are suffering, in chronic pain, with terminal illnesses, that You are going to heal them Father!
Father, I'm believing in healing all to glorify Your great Name! So we can be living testimonies to your great love! So we can go out and lead your lost sheep back to you Father. So others can learn of Your great love. Healing to be good servants of Yours Daddy. Take me, I'm Yours, lead me, guide me, I lift us all up to you to be better servants to You Father God. In Jesus Name, Amen!

Thank you and God Bless you All!

9 comments:

Denise said...

Dear heavenly Father, please keep a close watch over this beautiful daughter of Yours. She loves You so very much. Please heal her completely, let the MRI be totally clear. I ask these things in Your precious name, believing You hear me, and will answer my prayer. I love You Father. Amen

Cinder Rail'lee said...

Tammy,

I'm praying for you! I know our Father is smiling down on you and will heal you. Put your loving arms around my faithful friend Lord Jesus, heal her, let her MRI come out clean, and healthy. I Love you Tammy!
Know you and yours are always in my prayers!

Love to you my friend!
Tami

Great-Granny Grandma said...

I just prayed for you, and hope you keep us posted.

Omah's Helping Hands said...

You all brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much Denise, Tami, and Great-Granny Grandma. I so love you all. God is good. Thank you Lord for placing these beautiful women of yours in my path, for leeding us to one another to create a great friendship, to be there for one another in good times and bad. Their hearts for you are wonderful! Thank you for these great sisters Daddy. In Jesus Name! Amen.

Karen said...

Praying for good health....one needs much energy to keep up with grandkids!

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Thank you so much Karen, and yes we do!!!

Heather said...

I've sat to read and write a comment a few times, being interrupted each time. NO LONGER...I will get through to you this time!

Father, Thank You for the people You've placed into Tammy's life; enabling her to know what is good for her and what care she needs to focus upon. I stand up beside her, in agreement with her, knowing You are right here with us. I believe in Your healing touch and the love that You fill our lives with. I believe that You have already prepared the path to healing and that her heart will blessed with each new discovery of good health within. All Glory, Honor and Praise to You for all that You will show her through this time. May she learn new joyous things in her relationship with You. In Jesus Name ~ Amen.

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Heather, you made me cry. That is so sweet and means so much. Thank and bless your sweet, caring, loving heart.

You have all touched me more than you could ever know. I know I'm in good hands, and your prayers have lifted me up so much. Thank you. I pray the Lord continues to pour His blessings out upon you and your families. Love you all!

God's Girl said...

Lord, I pray for my sweet sister. I am so thankful that You hear and respond to the prayers of Your people. Oh God, would You touch her body with Your healing touch? Would You give her the wisdom to know how to make healthy decisions?

Thank You for Your faithfulness, Jesus! In Your precious Name we pray. Amen.