Wednesday, April 8, 2009

We Need Him Too!


I just finished reading Stormie Omartian's book, "Praying God's Will for Your Life." It was awesome. I had heard all her books are fantastic. I really enjoyed reading it. I just started reading Stormie's, "The Power of a Praying Woman." Already in the first chapter I've found something that really stirred me. It's not that I've never thought about it, but pushed the thought aside all too often, and have a feeling many others do the same. Now granted she is talking about women, but I'm thinking men are the same way.

Do you have those days, weeks, months where you run, run, run. Take the kids to their sports events, clubs, (4-H, Brownies, Cub Scouts, etc.), doctors appointments, other after school functions, working, cleaning, planning meals and shopping, keeping up with everyone, trying to keep an even keel.

You are always taking care of everyone. Busy, busy, busy. Too busy to pray, no, you do manage to do that. You are praying for everyone else. After all, you want the best for your family, friends, church, and pastors, right? You stay in constant contact with God, asking Him to take care of so and so and their trials and tribulations. Asking for your son/daughter to get through this or that obstacle.

But...have you taken time to ask God to guide YOU through the day, to help you walk the path with Him? Or do you forget, or neglect to ask Him to guide you as well?

All too often it is easy to get caught up in the busy ways of life, running here and there with everyone else on your mind but yourself. From here on, lets take the time to pray for ourselves, to be guided daily by Him, to walk the path with Him leading us and guiding us. After all, we all have learned, "We Can't Do It Alone!" Without him life is total chaos. We become the lost lambs.

She had used the following scriptures in a prayer at the end of the chapter. Due to copyright infringements, I will not write the prayer, but suggest reading the scriptures and praying about those very things. John 7:38: "He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water."
Romans 8:26: "Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. for we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered."

Father God, You are a gracious all loving Father. We raise You up in Praise and thank You for all You do. Father, please guide us, remind us that we too need to ask You for what we need. It is not wrong to ask for ourselves. When we do not ask for You to walk with us, we are pushing You aside. Father, we need You, for without You, we are nothing. We can't make it on our own. Please lead each of us to follow You, to knock on Your door, to daily seek Your guidance. Thank You Father God! You are truly and awesome God! Fill us with Your living water. Fill us with the Holy Spirit so that we can hear the direction You want us to take. So that the Spirit can intercede for us, as we do not know exactly how to pray. We ask this in Jesus Name. Amen.

3 comments:

Cinder Rail'lee said...

I LOVE STORMIE OMARTINS BOOKS!
I have several. She's wonderful!
I forget to pray for myself. Sometimes (Like last night) I was so tired I didn't evn go to church) now my week will horrid. I feel spiritually weak, when I don't go. It's then the enemy comes in. (I call him the jerk) I fight him tooth and nail, always praying, however I forget myself!

Tammy your WONDERFUL!
I <3 you!

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Thanks Tami, I think the same of you. I too often forget to pray for myself, mainly because it just didn't feel right. I always thougth it was important to pray for others and not yourself, but we are His children, He wants us to knock and seek, so it makes sense.
One of the daughters of our Pastor told us she calls him a liar all the time (Satan that is). I've picked that up and find myself saying, "Devil, you're a liar!" I love it!
I hear you about missing church. There is that emptiness, but remember, we aren't "required" to be there every time, and we can still get spiritually filled through prayer, reading the word, and watching on-line messages.
Sure hope you were able to catch up on sleep.
Have a great weekend Tami.
Much love and blessings to you! And big Hugs! ;)

Great-Granny Grandma said...

I so relate to this post, and that wonderful prayer at the end of it. How true.

Without Him I really can't do anything, and I know I could save myself a lot of unnecessary heartache and frustration if I would just keep that thought in the forefront of my mind.

Everything is by His grace. It is He who works in us both to will and to do for His good purpose. (Philippians 2:13)