Friday, April 3, 2009

Blessings

My hubby had given a testimony at church. It was a huge blessing and a great testimony of how great God is. So I thought I would share it with you.

Recently hubby's boss decided it was time to retire and sold hubby and the bosses son the business. Hubby is the majority owner as he is the one with the training and knowledge. When his boss sold them the business, he took half of what was in the account and left the rest to them. So it cost them virtually no money for the business.

Business was coming to a stand still at the time, but they already received one blessing and that was a business with money in the account with no out of pocket expenses!

So the two guys took and divided up the money and both gave to their churches. Suddenly they started getting calls for more jobs, they have been smaller ones, but it's been enough to keep the business afloat and them paid. More and more jobs are coming in now. They doubled in one month what they had previously made in three months!!!

Is that the work of the Lord or what? So you see, it is good to give to the Lord. Luke 12:16-21 says:

16 And then He told them this parable: "The ground of a
certain rich man produced a good crop
.

17 He thought to himself,
'what shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.'

18 Then he said, 'This is what I'll do. I will tear
down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my
goods.'

19 And I will say to myself, 'You have plenty of good
things laid up for many years. Take life easy, eat, drink, and be
merry."

20 But God said to him, "You fool! This very night,
your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared
for yourself?"

21 "This is how it will be with anyone who stores up
things for himself but is not rich toward God."


The Bible tells us how important it is to share our earnings. When we run into good fortune, we must share. Being obedient to the Lord is so important. Remember, what we sow is what we reap. He has done that with hubby and his partner. Praise God!!!

3 comments:

Susie Q said...

What a special post...what a special man.

Love,
Sue

Sherri Watt said...

Tammy,

What an amazing testimony to what God will do when we are obedient and put our trust in Him. Thanks for sharing it!

Hugs,
Sherri

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Thanks Sue! I sure think so. I love what God is doing in him.

Yes, too often it is easy to not be the obedient servant/giver. I'm proud of how he listens to our Father. You are welcome Sherri.

Hugs, love, and blessings to you both.