Friday, April 24, 2009

Fitness Friday



Join Brenda and the rest of us. Start at Brenda's at The Family Revised

Okay, so I'm going to go out on a limb here and try it again! I decided I needed to do something with my unhealthy self, found out about this program at great granny grandma's and decided to join. We have assignments, and today's is to write about awesomeness. So here goes.

I think it is awesome that there are those out there willing to support one another through our trials of becoming healthy.

I think it's awesome to have so many great friends through the blog-o-sphere.

I think it's awesome to set a goal and be able to accomplish it with someone else.

Now to catch up, I'll do the first assignment as well. Tell you what my 5 goals are.

1. To get my family and grand children on a healthy eating plan.

2. To finally be secure with my looks. (I know we are suppose to love ourselves as we were made by God, but I do believe He would rather have me healthy and a good size).

3. To not worry about the expense of eat healthy and just buy the right foods.

4. To stop making excuses and just do it! (Exercise that is and eat write, I guess that would help, huh?)

5. To be more positive about all this instead of negative which does no one any good. ;) So in other words, have a can do attitude and stick with the plan!!!

So there you have it. Please pray for me! I'm going to need lots of divine intervention, and I don't mean that lightly either.

So how did I get to this point of basic desperation? Well, I've had a wait issue most my life. I'm not blaming anyone but myself, but while growing up, I always heard, eat some more. Go ahead finish it off. You've got room for a little more don't you? And on and on. I learned to love food. Then while in the military, I became too thin. Okay, we know the yo-yo thing is very unhealthy. I was happy, but my body wasn't. Then I became pregnant, which the first pregnancy wasn't too bad, I lost most the weight and got back into my clothes shortly after. But then came the second baby. She was born 15 months after the first. Oh boy, did I gain weight. I had a hard time taking it off. Then I lost and looked great. Then I went back to work, ate like a pig and was the heaviest I'd ever been. Then I went on a diet a while later, and looked great, then put it back on in Europe. Came back, started walking every day, and doing aerobics, looked and felt great, was eating right as well. Then gained it all back and then some. So it's been an on going battle.

I want to start eating right again and stick with it. There isn't a whole lot of exercising that I love to do that I can do. I have back problems that keeps me from aerobics. (crying). I have rheumatoid arthritis that has basically ruined my knees and was told no more walking (sobbing hysterically) I love walking more than anything. Also have FMS (fybromyalgia) which works with the arthritis and makes it unbearable to even move some days. And now, well now I have numbing in half of my feet. Am still working on finding out what that is all about. I also have neck problems that can bring on horrific headaches to the point of not being able to function. The last one had the left side of my face numb and then the left side of my body felt that way. I can't go to the gym as there really isn't a whole lot I can do there, so it's money that really wouldn't be put to very good use. Swimming is my only option, but again, money is an issue.

So here I am. We have a stationery bike which I got back on finally yesterday. Boy did that feel good! Paying the price today, but that's okay. It will take time and will not give up this time. One day at a time. God will take good care of me, as He wants us to take good care of His tents that He has loaned us while here on earth. I say good luck to all the others doing this as well. I'm believing in success!!!

11 comments:

Luanne said...

You CAN do this despite all the obstacles!! Great job getting on that bike...and keep moving every day even if you are sore...it will help, trust me!

I am so honored to be able to support you through this journey and also that you trust us enough to share your story and your trials with us. We are here for you and it will be great :)

Have a good week!!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Great job, Tammy, and I'm so glad you decided to join us. Together we can do this--one day at a time.

♪♪Melody♪♪ and Puddin said...

Welcome and we are with you. Don't think anything of starting again, we have all been there and certainly will be again. It is hard to think of ourselves when we have so many others to care for. Day at a time and don't beat up on yourself.

Denise said...

Amen, one day at a time. You can do this sweetie, I have faith in you.

Elspeth said...

Welcome, OHH. It's good to meet you and I have no doubt you'll do well on your quest to get fit.

TAMI said...

You have chosen to be transparent, speaking the truth for what it is. Fantastic step towards facing and overcoming the struggles before you!

JulieMom said...

Good to have you aboard OHH!! Thanks for your post.

Chris said...

You're doing great! Have a wonderful weekend.

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Thank you Luanne, you have now idea how much you just blessed me. Your support is so much appreciated!

Yes we can Great-Granny Grandma! Thank you!

Thank you Melody and Puddin. Yes we will get through this!

Thank you Denise. We all need to have faith in one another and of ourselves. I know we can do this!!!

Thank you Terry. I have to admit, I have a much more positive attituce on it all this time! I believe it's a God thing, and having such a great support system!!!

Thank you Tami. One thing I've learned is being open and honest helps a lot. I used to sneak and lie to others not realizing it was myself I was lying to more than anything. It really does help.

Thank you JulieMom, I'm excited to be doing this, and excited to get to know you all better.

Thanks Chris! You do the same!

Heres to a great weekend and a beautiful new week full of positive thoughts!!!

ginny said...

loved your post! i am new to this, too. what is funny (not ha ha funny) is how we are such a diverse group of women who, without this challenge, might never have had our paths cross. God is so good. i know i will learn a lot from everyone. from you, i think i will learn about perseverance! thanks :)

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Gin, what a great way to look at all this. It is interesting how we all are doing it for different reasons and all. Yes, God is good, and I like how he brings people togehter for very good reasons. Good luck to you, I have faith you will succeed. Looking forward to getting to know you and everyone else better!