Friday, April 17, 2009

Compelled

I just have to write this. I have been blog visiting tonight, (finally have some extra time, Praise God), and was reading, "Not Perfect, Only Forgiven by Smile, Jesus Loves You." The post was World Broken. What a heart warming post it was.

Her post talked of so many hurting, but this is all I'm going to say, as I hope you all will go read her blog. Any way, Pastor has been talking about our duties for some time. How we really need to be servants of the Lord. How we need to be willing to lead others to the Lord.

There are so many ways to do this. Simply by smiling when in public and a show of kindness makes people wonder why you are always so happy and kind. When they ask, there is your opportunity. God has opened a door!

When you see someone needing help, instead of looking around to see if anyone is going to offer it, do it yourself.

When you see someone down on their luck, do what ever you can to help them. Pray for them as you pass by if there is nothing you have to offer. The power of prayer! Never forget how Jesus spent much of His time in prayer. We should be doing the same.

As Pastor Ken has said over and over, you do not even have to say God, Jesus or whatever the case may be. Just show kindness, then when that door is open, you can start talking about Them then. Don't start Bible thumping someone right away. Just show them the love of Christ.

I'm wondering how many take the time to stop and look at the people around them. Do you look to see if you can tell how their day is going? Do you ever get angry with clerks that are grumpy with you and then snap back at them? Do you get agitated and nasty with waitresses who bring you an order that isn't correct? Have you chewed an employee out for not doing what you needed?

Next time take the time to ask yourself, could they be going through a rough time, could they be sick and still working to support their family, could this be a single parent worried about their sick child at home. And the list goes on. There are a number of things that could be bothering that person at the time.

When you come upon a problem that makes you uncomfortable or agitated, take the time to say, "I hope your day gets better for you." Offer them a "real smile," and be genuine. Sarcasm doesn't do anyone any good. If you think about it, when we get angry with someone, don't you usually feel worse after the fact?

If the person tells you some or all of what is going on in their lives, then ask them if you can pray for them. If they have the time, ask if you can say a quick prayer right there with them. If it is something where they could really use a friend, offer to talk to them when they get off work.

Just simple shows of kindness can really change a persons life. Don't be afraid to swallow your pride and offer up a cup of kindness, and then think about how both of you will more than likely have your cups half full rather than have one that was already almost empty become completely empty, and one that was half full become less.

Thank You Father for this great reminder. I so want to have that kind of heart, like Yours that never shows anger, that never gets upset because someone isn't behaving the way I would like them to. Thank You for leading the way, showing how to love the way You love us. Oh Daddy, You are the God of Love, You are Love. I so want to walk in Your foot steps, to be the loving person you created us to be. Please fill my heart with that kind of love for others. Please help me to love "all" our brothers and sisters whether they have come to you or not. Help me to love thy enemy instead of turning the other way. Daddy, I need Your guidance, for I can not do it alone. Without You, I'm nothing. Thank you Father for Your faithfulness, for you love, for Your guidance. How I love You so! You took this empty life and turned it right side up and gently guided it in the right direction. My prayer is that I can now fulfill Your goal for me. That I do as You wish for me to do. Thank you Father. In Jesus Name, Amen

Our Pastors wife is an inspiration to so many. Pastor Ken tells us of how she loves to start a conversation with anyone. If they are having a rough time, she shows kindness. How awesome is that? I don't think there is a mean bone in her body. She is the shining example of how we should be. How I pray to be more like her. She spends a lot of time praying as well. Hmmm, I need to really change my ways. Don't you just love how He talks to us and tells us where we should be headed in subtle ways? I sure do. Have a beautiful, blessed weekend!!!

5 comments:

Denise said...

Amen, we might be the only Jesus that someone may see. We need to reach out, and lend a helping hand.

Omah's Helping Hands said...

So very true Denise. Our Pastor and his family has been itterating those very words often.

Anonymous said...

You are sooo awesome!! Thank God you have a blog because it blesses me every time I read.. although I don't always get to read your blog as much as I'd like. have an extremely blessed weekend!!!

Cinder Rail'lee said...

I have to agree with "smile Jesus loves you" comment. THANK YOU FOR HAVING A BLOG TAMMY!
Because it blesses me too when I read it.
YOUR AMAZING!

I love you beautiful lady!

HuGZ
Tami

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Smile and Tami, I feel the same about your blogs. It's wonderful the way He works in our lives. Love and hugs to you both. You both are totally awesome beautiful women!