Thursday, November 20, 2008

Innocence

This was just too cute not to share.

Two young boys walked into a pharmacy one day, picked out a box of

tampons and proceeded to the checkout counter.

The man at the counter asked the older boy,
'Son, how old are you?'

Eight,'
the boy replied.

The man continued,
'Do you know what these are used for?'

The boy replied,
'Not exactly, but they aren't for me. They're for him.

He's my brother. He's four. We saw on TV that if you use these you

Would be able to swim and ride a bike. Right now, he can't do either

one.


Ahhh the innocence of babes. All too often, we see something and can totally misinterpret the message. For children it is even more apt to happen with them. That's why I believe it is very important for parents to be very active in their childrens lives. Know what they are doing. Definitely control what they watch on TV. There is so much adult information now that it is hard for children to differentiate at times. The internet is another place to watch carefully if you allow your child to utilize it. I've seen and heard some scarey stuff.

We need to remember, kids are like little sponges. They try to absorb as much as they can; as quickly as they can. Their desire to learn all is vital to them. When they do not have a mentor there to explain to them what something is, or that something just isn't what they need, etc. their curiosty strengthens and that is when things can go haywire.

It's like the song--and darnit, I'm brain farhting again--I know, nothing new there--but some of the words are:

"Oh be careful little eyes what you see; oh be careful little ears what you

hear. For the Father's up above, and He's looking down in love, so be
careful little eyes what you see."

Oh, and just for the record; I'm one of those people that puts songs I've heard with life happenings or something being spoken. ;0) I drive my hubby up a wall sometimes. Hee hee. Granted the piece above is a joke, but you know, I can see this sort of thing happening.

No comments: