Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sweet Blessings

Tonight I recieved the sweetest gift I have ever received. It started out by my hubby asking me if I wanted to go on a date a few nights ago tonight. Then he kicked me out of the computer room for the next couple of nights telling me he was on a mission and would not let any of us know what he was up to.

Tonight I found out. He was working on a blessings letter that he framed for me. I have never cried over a gift or a card like I did this. It came from the heart, had the sweetest message I've ever received, and carried so much love. It was a God moment. He tried to read it to me a couple of times and felt bad because he couldn't because he kept getting choked up. I explained to him that his emotions showed me just how much it meant.

This concept came from a small group of our church that he has been attending called, "Letters from Dad." A few of the words were from this group, but the rest came from him. This goes to show that by attending small groups we can learn from what others share, and extend it to our family members. We have all been able to share and touch one another from attending these groups. I have to say though, this took the cake. I'm still reeling in the sweetness of this letter. I already have a special place picked out to hang it where everyone can see and read it. It will be where I will see it many times every day to remind me of how lucky I am to have such a wonderful father for our children and a wonderful husband, friend, and confident. The Lord has blessed our family in so many ways. Thank You Lord. And a thank you to my hubby for following the Lord! Amen

No comments: