Saturday, November 29, 2008

Where to Look When:

I like to collect Christian book marks and wallet sized cards with great sayings or helpful resources. I thought I would share one of those this evening. This particular book mark is one with scripture references on where to look for certian happenings in ones life. I'm taking the scripture readings out of the NKJV. Some scriptures are too long to print here. They are still very good resources to read.



Where to Look When:



You are weary; read Psalm 95:1-7

Oh come, let us sing to the Lord! Let us shout joyfully to the Rock of our salvation.

Let us come before His prescence with thanksgiving. Let us shout joyfully to Him with psalms.

For the Lord is the great God, and the great King above all gods.

In His hand are the deep places of the earth; The heights of the hills are His also.

The sea is His, for He made it; and His hands formed the dry land.

Oh come, let us worship and bown down; Let us kneel before the Lord our Maker.

For He is our God, And we are His people of His pasture, And the sheep of His hand.



You Seem too Busy: Ecclesiastes 3:1-15



To everyone there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven:

A time to be born, And a time to die; A time to plant, And a time to pluck what is planted;

A time to kill, And a time to heal; A time to break down, And a time to build up;

A time to weep, And a time to laugh; A time to mourn, and a time to dance;

A time to cast away stones, And a time to gather stones; A time to embrace, And a time to refrain form embracing;

A time to gain, And a time to lose; A time to keep, And a time to throw away;

A time to tear, And a time to sew; A time to keep silence, And a time to speak;

A time to love, And a time to hate; A time of war, And a time of peace.



What profit has the worker from that in which he labors?

I have seen the God-given task with which the sons of men are to be occupied.

He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end.

I know that nthign is better for them than to rejoice, and to do good in their lives,

and also that every man should eat and drink and enjoy the good of all his labor--it is the gift of God.

I know that whatever God does, it shall be forever. Nothing can be added to it, and nothing taken from it. god does it, that men should fear before Him.

That which is has already been, and what is to be has alredy been; and God requires an account of what is past.



You Can't Sleep: Psalm 4, 56, 130


4
Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness! You have relieved me in my distress; have mercy on me, and hear my prayer.

How long, O you sons of men, will you turn my glory to shame? How long will you love worthlessness and seek falsehood? Selah

But know that the Lord has set apart for Himself him who is godly; the Lord will hear twhen I call to Him.

Be angry, and do not sin. Meditate within yhour heart on your bed, and be still. Selah

Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the Lord.

There are many who say, "Who will show us any good?" Lord, lift up the light of Your countenance upon us.

You have put gladness in my heart, morethatn in the season that theri grain and wine increased.

I will both lie down in peace, and sleep for You alone, O Lord, make me swell in safety.


56
Be merciful to me, O God, for man would swallow me up; fighting all day he oppresses me.

My enemies would hound me all day, for there are many who fight aginst me, O Most High.

Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You.

In God (I will prasie His word), in God I have put my trust; I will not fear. What can flesh do to me?

All day they twist my words: all their thoughts are against me for evil.

They gather together, they hide, they mark my steps, when they lie in wait for my life.

Shall they escape by iniquity? In anger cast down the pebbles, O God!

You number my wanderings; put my tears into Your bottle; are tehy not in Your book?

When I cry out to You, then my enemies will turn back; this I know, because God is for me.

In God (I will praise His word), In the Lord (I will praise His word),

In God I have put my trust; I will not be afraid. What can man do tto me?

Vows made to you are finding upon me, O God; I will render praises to you,

For You have delivered my sould from death. Have you not kept my feet from falling, That I may walk before God in the light of the living?



130
Out of the depths I have cried to You, O Lord;

Lord, hear my voice! Let Your ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications.

If You, Lord, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand?

But there is forgiveness with You, that You may be feared.

I wait for the Lord, my sould waits, and in His word I do hope.

My soul waits for the Lord more than those who watch for the morning--Yes, moe than those who watch the morning.

O Israel, hope in the Lord; for with the Lord there is mercy, and with Him is abundant redemption.

And He shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.

When You are Tempted: James 1
I'll leave you to go read this one on your own since it is a longer scripture.

When Friends Disappoint You: 1 Corinthians 13
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.

And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowldedge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but havenot love, I am nothing.

And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I love, it profits me nothing.

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up;

does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil;

does not reject in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth;

bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it iwll vanish away.

For we know in part and we prophesy in part.

But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

When I was a child, I spoke as a child. I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part but then I shall know just as I also am known.

And now abide faith, hope, loe, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Our Pastor's son spoke of the unfailing love of the Lord last night. It was an awesome message. You can go here to listen and/or watch the message.

When Business is Poor: Ecclesiastes 5
This one is a longer scripture. I'll leave it to you to go read it.

When Nothing is Going Right: II Timothy 3
But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come:

For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good,

traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God,

having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away!

For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away be various lusts,

always learnign and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Now as Jannes and Jambres resisted Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, disapproved concerning the faith;

but they will progress no further, for their folly will be manifest to all, as theirs also was.

But you have carefully followed my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, love, perseverance,

persecutions, afflictions, which happened to me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra--what
persecutions I endured. And out of them all the Lord delivered me.

Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.

But evil men and impostors will grow worse and worse, deceiving and being deceived.

But you must continue in the things which you have learned and been assured of, knowing from whom you have learned them,

and that from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness,

that theman of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

When You Bear a Grudge: Ephesians 4
This one is also a longer scripture which you will have to look up also.

No comments: