Thursday, November 20, 2008

It's a God Thing

Here I am, it's 3:06 am, was awoken at 1:37 am. I was told to go read John 1:37. So I did. In the NKJV it read: "The two disciples heard him speak, and they followed Jesus." So then I asked myself what He was trying to tell me. Am I not following? I then proceeded to my e-mail, as it was placed on my heart to write to my small group leader and was given the words to write.

As I finished the message, the Lord told me to start catching up on my devotionals in my box. The first one I opened was: Crosswalks Power Point with Dr. Jack Graham. His message was about following Jesus. It's a God thing. The following is an incerpt from there. You can read the entire message by clicking on his name above.

"But too often, we put our complete confidence in men and what other people
tell us when there is no substitute for the truth of hope in Jesus Christ!
Have you lost sight of the fact that our greatest and only everlasting hope is from
God? I want to remind you that Jesus is sufficient for your needs and mine. He
provides a hiding place in the storms of life.
He is a Father to the fatherless. He is the Great Physician to those who are
wounded and sick. He is the Beginning and the End to those who face
uncertainty. He is the Resurrection and the Life. And He is your Eternal and
Living Hope! "

His message was from 1 John 3:2

We must not forget who we are to follow. Remember, there is only one God. When following someone else, or somethig else, we become lost.
God Bless!

No comments: