Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Prodigals

Tonight I am asking for prayer for the Prodigals.

As parents we want nothing but the best for our children. There are those of us that want that without realizing just what the best is. I was brought to the Lord by my grandmother. Attended church and Sunday school growing up. But then wandered when I left home and went into the military. Married a man that did not believe. I still believed, and talked to the Lord, but was not a true Christian.

Our two children had followed friends into Christianity which was a blessing. I wanted to be involved, but for some reason just couldn't do it. Now our kids are grown adults, 25 and 26. Our son, the oldest came to Christ and led us to Him as well. Our daughter once moving back to the states lost her Christianity. We've tried to bring her back, but to no avail. We continue to pray for her, as we believe she will return. Our son has waivered in the past due to medications and illnesses. He has been doing so good and now we may be losing him again.

My message is to all that have young children. Involve them in church and the word right away. We currently take some of our grand children to church with us. Sometimes they attend services, other times they go to Sunday school. They love it and crave it. One is 6, one is 4 and the other is 4 months. The baby is captivated by our Pastors voice! Ocassionally the 7 year old goes with us as well. He craves learning about Jesus as well. They may venture as they get older, but are much less apt to, and will come back much easier.

I wish I had stayed involved, but perhaps I went through what I did to teach me some important lessons in life. Regardless, I know what it is like to be without the Lord. Life is a struggle more than we could ever imagine until we find our way back. I can not imagine what it would be like to walk away now. I don't want to know.

So I'm asking that we all pray for the prodigals of the world, that they will be brought back, their faith will grow strong, they will stay with their walk in the Lord. Let's ask for the lost souls to be saved. They need us; they neeed Him. Luke 15:11-32 talks of the prodigal son.

Luke 15:31-32 NLV, "His father said to him, 'Look, dear son, you have always stayed by me, and everything I have is yours. We had to celebrate this happy day. For your brother was dead and has come back to life! He was lost, but now he is found!" Amen. I'm believing the prodigals will come to life again and will be found again.

Matthew 18:12-14 NLV, "If a man has a hundred sheep and one of them wanders away, what will he do? Won't he leave the ninety-nine others on the hills and go out to search for the one that is lost? And if he finds it, I tell you the truth, he will rejoice over it more than over the nintey-nine that didn't wander away! In the same way, it is not my heavenly Father's will that even one of these little-ones should perish."

I so enjoy reading the Jesus's parables. Some can be confusing, but when we take the time to read different translations it often helps. Also reading the commentary helps one have a deeper understanding. We have so much at our fingertips to teach us what the Bible says. God is good!
Thank you Father God for all the good you do. Thank you for never leaving us, standing by, waiting for us to come to you. Amen

No comments: