Sunday, December 21, 2008

The 2008 Christmas Spirit Award.


I've been tagged with the Christmas Spirit Award.

How cool is that! Thank you Kailana from "The Written World."

Kailana along with Marg are the ones that have started the Blog Advent Tour which was a lot of fun. I have some catching up to do, but so loved touring others blogs and finding some very interesting, fun blogs with wonderful people. So a special thank you goes out to them for creating the tour and continuing it. I can't wait for next year. I would highly check out her blog and joining the tour next year. And Kailana, twice now I have almost left the a on the end of your name again. Not on purpose, but for some reason my fingers don't go as fast as my brain. (blushing)

Here are the rules for the Christmas Spirit Award:

"You must be a true Christmas lover to receive this award.The person to whom you give the award must also be in love with Christmas.Link back to the person who gave you the award.List 5 things that you love about Christmas. If you can't limit it to 5 things, then keep going till you run out of space!Pass the award along to as many people as you like. That can be 1 or 50. It's up to you! But keep the Christmas cheer going!Let your recipients know that you have tagged them by leaving them a comment. Also, link back to the person who gave you the award."

Here are five things I love about Christmas:

1. The celebration of Jesus' birthday.

2. Christmas festivities at church.

3. All the lights and festive feel of the season.

4. The smells of Christmas time. (All the clove cented pine cones...ahhhh love it).

5. The excitement of the children.

6. Family gatherings.

7. Decorating the house.

Sorry, couldn't keep it to five. What can I say, I love Christmas! ;)

Now for my list... Hmmmm, let me see now...Hee hee

1. Heather at Simply Heather

2. 30 Something Mom at Rocks in My Dryer (messed up here, the blog name is Rocks in My Dryer. Sorry.

3. Beth at C. Beth Blog

4. Michelle at Scribbit: Motherhood in Alaska

5. Hon at God is Our Love

6. Heather at Make it From Scratch

7. Karen at Cider Antiques

8. Lana at Right Here...Right Now

9. Kari and Kijsa at Ask Kari & Kijsa

10. Kate at A Simple Walk

11. Meggie at Meggies Stuff

12. Francesca, Thuy, & Kacey at 3 Baby Chicks

13. Susie Q at Rabbit Run Cottage of whom I think has us all beat with Christmas Spirit! Just check out her blog. I think you will all agree.

14. Kim at Homesteaders Heart

15. I'm placing Pat at Back Porch Musings here even though she has already been tagged simply because I feel she is the ultimate winner for the Christmas Spirit Blog. I just won't tag her again but instead let her know that she would have been. ;)

16. And I can't leave out Nanny Goats in Panties simply because I loved the Christmas goat. ;0)

17. Jeanne at Inspiring Ideas

18. June at A Wise Woman Builds Her Home

19. Chocolate on My Cranium

20. Jen at Crayons in My Briefcase (My inspiration!)

21. Lisa at Blessed With Grace

Congratulations all and thanks for posting interesting articles about Christmas. Not everyone has posted pictures, but have written about the true meaning, etc. You all have wonderful blogs that I really enjoy following. There were other blogs I would have liked to have mentioned, but they are not the type of blogs that would like this type of thing. Darn, as they are worthy of it. Such as Simply Grove has a great Christmas section. So stop in and see her blog anyhow. She's an interior designer, attends our church, a mom, and a super person.

By the way, the list was not put together in any specific order, I was lazy and just went down the blog list of those I follow and copied and pasted urls. ;) I love you all!

11 comments:

C. Beth said...

Thank you! :) Merry Christmas

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Oh thank you!!I love all the things about Christmas as you do! You are so sweet! Merry Christmas!
Hugs.
Kim

Lana said...

AHHH this is so nice. Thanks so much! Merry Christmas to you!

Stephanie Appleton said...

Thank you for including Make it from Scratch! Have a wonderful Christmas and a blessed New Year!

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Thank you Beth, Kim, Lana, & Stephanie. You all deserved it! Wishing you all a Blessed Christmas and Wonderful New Year!

Montserrat said...

Love the award. Thank you so much!

Scribbit said...

Thank you so much! What a great Christmas present!

Hope you're having a great holiday-

Kailana said...

Everyone kept telling me that I tagged everyone and there wasn't anyone left for them! You prove otherwise! lol

Happy Holidays!

Karen ~ Cider Antiques said...

Thank you so much for Giving me a Christmas Spirit award :) I love your post and all the reasons you listed. Thank you so much and Merry Christmas! Karen

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Chocolate Cranium, Michelle, and Karen, you are very welcome. You deserved it! Wishing you all a Blessed Christmas and a Wonderful New Year!

Kailana, that is funny. When I saw your list, I thought, oh my, I don't know many to send it to, then remembered all the great sites I've seen. Blog world has gotten huge, plenty to go around. Ha ha. I'm betting you have the longest list by far though. That was awesome!
Hope you have a Blessed Christmas and a Wondeful New Year!

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

A very belated "thank you" for my inclusion! Hope your Christmas was full of Spirit!