Friday, December 26, 2008

Our Christmas Lessons and Blessings

This year was a new experience. Our past Christmas' were so materialistic/secular. I always told the kids that it was the celebration of Jesus' birthday, but that was the extent of it. After watching our daughter and her kids and seeing how materialisitic/worldly their lives are, we decided to teach them an important lesson.

For one, we signed GD #1 into the church Christmas Choir. I know she and her sister were touched. It was a lesson for them both. We also took them to the Christmas Eve service which had an impact on them as well.

Then Christmas presents time. The oldest was upset and said, "This is it?" I told her to wait until she opened them and she would be suprised. I told her it wasn't about how many, but the meaning. Low and behold, the kids were very happy. Gone was the "Is this it attitude!" I could tell our daughter was upset at first as well. Then came the best part.

I had told you a few posts back about hubby going to the letters from dad group and the letter he had written me just because. Well for our anniversary he done the same and put it in a wooden box. I believe I wrote about it as well. I've never been more touched and never appreciated a gift more than those. I love how the Lord is working in Him.

Anyway, for our son and daughter, he had gotten them these boxes and put letters to them in both, along with some family heirlooms we had been holding for them until we felt they were responsible enough to appreciate them. He gave our son his grand dads old pocket watch. J loved it and the letter really touched him. He gave our daughter some bracelets that had belonged to his maternal grandmother. Our daughter bawled. It was so neat to see hubby and her hugging and crying and hugging and crying. She was touched.

I pray now that she is reminded of how great the Lord is and comes back to him. She needs to do this, as her life is a mess and she has been so depressed. Oh please Lord, open her eyes, ears and soul to you. Let her come to you. She needs you, so do the children. In Jesus Holy Name I pray. Amen.

Our son had strayed too until he recieved his box. Praise the Lord, he's back!!!!! God is Good. This was truly the best Christmas yet. It will be a terrific new year if our daughter returns to the Lord as well. I'm believing in healing of her soul. Please take a stand with me in Christs Holy Name. My heart is soaring right now while rehashing the day yesterday. I love the way he works in us. I could not imagine life without him. I only wish we had done this earlier, but...it's by His time, in His way. We had lessons to learn and growing up to do first to fully come to appreciate His love for us.

God Bless you all. I truly hope you all had as blessed of a Christmas as we did. God Loves You and so do I.

4 comments:

Chris said...

God Bless you too Tammy! It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas!

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Thank you Chris. Yes we did. I hope something wonderful comes of it in the days to come. :)

~hon~ said...

I am overwhelmed with how the kids are changing for GOD's glory. You are doing a wonderful job in raising them in a Godly way. ALL THE GLORY BELONGS TO OUR GOD ALONE!

Yes we had a blessed Christmas, as well. I'm very touched with your Christmas. I'm glad that your son is back to the Family of GOD.

I love you, too, my dear friend.

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Oh believe me hon, me too with our son. Now I just hope daughter will do the same. That would be so awesome!

Thank you dear sweet friend.