Sunday, December 28, 2008

Rest

Matthew 11:28[Jesus said,] "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

This came from Crosswalk's Heartlight. You can click on the link on the side bar to go there and read the whole message.

Hmmm, this is a good one to ponder. We must allow ourselves rest in order to do the Lords work. After all, did He not say, "on the seventh day rest?" If we are tired, we tend to become cantankerous which can give off some very bad vibes. This is counter acting what we are suppose to be doing.

If we are tired out, we are opening ourselves up to allowing the enemy to enter much easier.

God's timing is perfect as always. I for one needed this verse, as for some reason I've been extremely tired. Although this could be do to being woken at 3 am. ;) I'm too stubborn to go back to bed and instead fall asleep in my chair which does not allow me to sleep continuously. Therefore, I'm tired, I tend to be shorter on patience, become cranky, and do not share the light of the Lord in this manner, instead, allowing the enemy to break in and take over what should be a beautiful time with family and grand kids. They then become irritable which only enhances the problem.

Lesson learned. Get plenty of rest. Your body is telling you to rest, hmmm, actually, God is saying, hey, slow down, rest and take care of your body so you can carry on by My will. Part of my problem is thinking I have to do it all to relieve pressure from others. Feeling like I'm failing if I don't try to help and much as possible where ever I can, and then becoming stressed, tired...you name it, and it just doesn't work that way.

For the first time in years, I sat down, allowed my son to clean up the kitchen and realized how nice it was to allow someone to help. He actually thanked me for allowing him to help. Eye opener? Oh yeah, big time. Oh I love how He works in our lives. Thank you Father, Jesus, and Holy Spirit! You're Awesome!!!!

2 comments:

~hon~ said...

I agree. Very much so.

Yes you need to rest. Our GOD is sufficient but if our physical fails, everything else does. We need to sleep the right way. hehehe! Our body is the Temple of the Holy Spirit as it is written.

Good thing you allowed your son to help you. Thank you for not being stubborn. hehehe!

GOD BLESS YOU, my friend! I love you with the love of our dear LORD! P.U.S.H.

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Yes, so very true. If I should try working on actually sleeping. If I wake up early, I need to try to go back to sleep. I have 3 days off, so should be able to get cauhgt up rest! God is Good. I Love you as well.

Gog Bless You!