Tuesday, December 9, 2008

God's Message

I had just walked away from the computer to get some cleaning done, as I was gone this morning, and then slept a couple of hours when I got back. I then got on here to do some catching up. Yes, I am a procrastinator at times. I'm trying to over come that bad habit. The reason for being so tired is I was woken up at 1:30 this morning. I will tell why below.

Any way, while doing the dishes, this revelation came to me. I was thinking about my last post and how it may have sounded like I was wanting sympathy. This couldn't be further from the truth. I am not looking for sympathy by any means. I am using the experiences to reveal how glorious God is.

Let's start with this morning, being awakened by a cat outside our window at 1:30 this morning. I was agitated, then tried to go back to sleep. The Lord said, "No, I want you to get up." So I did. I came out to the front room (computer room), got a drink of juice and sat. I opened my computer as I was told. He told me to listen to the pastors sermon from this last weekend. We missed church since going to visit my parents. So I did. Very good message as always. Our pastors son, Krist is doing the segment on DO. It has been great! If anyone wants to listen to any of the messages given weekly and extras, go here. Simply click on watch and listen, then click on to listen or to watch and listen the message(s).

What I mean by God being glorius, is I had asked Him why all the hurt and suffering at the holidays. I wanted to understand why this happened so often. It is because this is the time when commericalism sets in. We tend to dwell on "presents" and not the actual meaning of Christmas. Yes, Christmas is a time of giving. But do we spend it well? Do we give to the proper channels? Do we give to others outside our family? Do we give to the church? Do we give to the community? Do we give to the nation? Most importantly, is our giving to Glorify the Lord? Or, is our giving to make "us" feel good. When we give, are we doing it in the name of the Lord?

We have always talked about the celebration of Christ at Christmas time and told the kids this is the true meaning of Christmas. But...we still went overboard with the "present" not "gift" giving. There is a difference. It is easy to give a "present", but to give a "gift" comes from the soul. All too often the amount paid for a "present" is the high point of the "present." But the meaning, the blessing, the thought that goes with a "gift" is a true "gift." Anyone can give a "present." But it takes a person of God to give a "gift."

Wow! I just became overwhelmed with this message. Thank you Jesus for your profound message. I too have a better understanding now. I love how He works. I love how our hands are guided by His loving hands. I love how He uses us to touch others, to lead others to Him.

May you all have a glorious blessed week!
May the Glory all be for HIM! Amen.
God Bless
Continue to P.U.S.H.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Sometimes I think I give to impress instead of express. Thanks for the "helping hands."

Omah's Helping Hands said...

You know Chris, I believe we are all guilty of that from time to time. As long as we work on changing our ways, ask for forgiveness and be sincere, we are forgiven for our weeknesses.

It's my pleasure always to pass on the Lords messages.

~hon~ said...

Oh thank you for this post...it brought me back memories of 'Compassion' -a topic I shared to my youths in the past. Now, your post gave me an idea. I would like to wrap food (whatever) as a gift and together with my youths, we will give them to random homeless street children or people (some are mentally retarded). Thank you for letting GOD use you for a very powerful message about giving! I love you with the love of our LORD, my dear friend, Tammy...thank you, thank you, thank you! GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY! P.U.S.H.

Omah's Helping Hands said...

hon, that is an awesome idea with the food. I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to put this idea as a post for all to read incase some don't read the comments. I'll link it to you though.