Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Hypocrisy

In today's Prime Time With God it talks about being a hypocrite. How we often believe in things that aren't real. The title of the message is, "Being the Real Thing." The title alone makes you stop and think.



A scripture used is: Matthew 15:7-9 when Jesus was prophesying. "You hypocrites! Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you: These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. They worship me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men."



Ah, the world rules. Are they the rules of the Lord? Some follow Him, but not all. Now this is not saying go out and break the law. No, there are laws for a reason; but this means do not fall before the Lord. Obey His rules to the best of your ability. Avoid living in the flesh of the worldly ways. But rather follow Christs path. He will lead us to righteousness.

2 comments:

~hon~ said...

One of the topics I've focused on when I was transformed is hypocrisy. I do not approve of hypocrites so I surrendered my heart just for GOD to remove any kind of hypocrisy in my heart to be able to serve HIM well.

I LOVE the title! "Being the Real Thing"...We do not need to put on a show for GOD, anyway.

I very much agree on this post. We need to evaluate ourselves everyday. We also need to rebuke ourselves every time we feel that hypocrisy is trying to take ahold of our hearts.

Thank you for this post. More! hehehe! And thank you for introducing "Prime Time With GOD" to us. You are such a blessing! Sorry long comment. GOD IS USING YOU MIGHTILY IN HIS MINISTRY! Thank you for letting GOD use you.

Omah's Helping Hands said...

I hear you. It is such an important subject. I wish many more could follow through it. I believe the scriptures make it clear not to be one. But one day it will dawn. Not one of us is perfect.
I have so many posts I want to do, but probably won't happen until after Christmas now. We'll see. I'll try to sneak one in here and there. ;)
You never need to apologize for longer comments. They don't bother me one bit. I've always been a bit chatty and do it often. Hee hee.
Have a truly blessed rest of the week.
I believe God is really using you in so many good ways. Helping those youths, what a glorious ministry in itself! You are a true blessing and wonderful woman of the Lord.
P.U.S.H.