Sunday, December 28, 2008

Who's Your Elisha?

"Opening Our Spiritual Eyes 2 Kings 6:17 And Elisha prayed, 'O Lord, open his eyes so he may see." Then the Lord opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha."

"Who is the Elisha in your life? Do you have a mentor friend who can see the activity of God in your life when you cannot see it? We all need to have somebody we can trust to help us see the activity of God. It is often difficult for us to see what God is really doing because we are so consumed by the circumstances of the moment. Ask God today to help open your spiritual eyes that you might see Him in your circumstances."


This comes from Crosswalk's: "Today God is First"
The question came at the end of the message. It is a great reminder. I am thankful for the Elisha's in my life. My husband is a great influence and reminder. Not to mention friends that I have who will tell me things that I do not see. God is Good!

3 comments:

God's Girl said...

Oh... great post! I just stopped by your blog and really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing your love for the Lord and your insights.

Blessings to you and happy new year.

Julie

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Thank you Julie. Glad you stopped by. Hope to see more of you. Thank you for your comment.

Blessings to you and a Happy New Year as well.

Tammy

~hon~ said...

Oh I just LOVE this story of Elisha! Oh I have plenty of Elisha's...my family, friends and fiance...we need plenty of accountability partners. I am very thankful for a Godly boyfriend. He knows me like nobody does but he surely rebukes me oftentimes and I am very grateful for that. My Blogger friends are for sure my Elisha's too. The great insights. Thank you for being one of my Elisha's. I really LOVE all of your posts!