Friday, December 5, 2008

Prime Time with God

Today's Prime Time with God discusses a subject that is debated somewhere every day. Does God exist?

For me, I've always wondered how people can even ask that question. There are so many things and happenings in life that there has to be. But, like my husband used to say, well I believe there is some superior being somewhere, but how do you prove their is a God?

For one, the Bible explains it all. Some will argue that the Bible is something that a few people came up with, that it's just another book.

For another, when we pray, and our prayers are answered, how can people deny that? But some say it's Karma.

I had taken a Philosophy class through my college courses--I was lucky and had a wonderful professor with much knowledge--and was amazed at the different ways of thinking about how our world was created. The one I thought the funniest was the "Big Bang Theory." For my final, I had done a PPP on "Is there a God?" I had to prove why I thought there was and disprove other theories. For me, that was very easy.

There were a few people that just could not be convinced through our discussions. Which you know, everyone has their rights to their own beliefs. I just pray for them that someday they will be saved.

The following scripture is what was used in today's article:

"For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities - his eternal power and divine nature - have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse" (Rom 1:19-20).

I so agree with this scripture. But, there are others that see creation in a whole different perspective.

I had also taken a World Religions class--once again lucky to have had a very knowledgeable professor--and was amazed by all the different religions/beliefs. It was an eye opener. If you ever get the chance to study the different religions, do so. It gives one a better understanding of what others believe and gives us a better chance of doing the Lords work at leading people to Him. I believe the Lord placed me in those classes for the purpose of better understanding and to be able to be armed with facts.

Ever since taking those two classes, my desire to further my studies in theology is so strong. Unfortunately it will have to happen by self study, but that's okay. Researching is fun. There is so much out there that is offered to us, the biggest thing--this is a warning--we have to be careful with what we follow and read, as there are those out there that seem authentic, but are actually the enemy posing as a real Christian, when in all actualality is doing the devils work. We have to use discernment.

I guess I got a bit off track here. This is a subject very dear to my heart. Is there a God? Yes indeed. If one really takes the time to research, learn, and open their ears, eyes, and soul to the possibility, one will see that there is no denying, there is a God. One God, our Creator of Heaven and Earth. Not just coincidences, but actual planned happenings. Do we write/make our own faith? No, absolutely not. Our lives are planned out. Can we change our direction planned for us in life? Yes, by allowing the enemy to take control. That is our choice. I choose to follow the plan that was in place way before I was even born.

Would love to hear any of your perspectives on this subject. Please share any happenings you have had that says there is a God.

God Bless all of you.

P.U.S.H. Always!

4 comments:

~hon~ said...

Blessed are those who believe for they are granted eternal life.

I can simply say that there is a GOD because of my life.

GOD without man is possible
Man without GOD is nothing

I've found a useful videos in YouTube and I'd like to share those videos. Go visit VenomFangX

~hon~ said...

Here are the specific videos...

Existence of GOD

Proof GOD is real

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Thanks hon. I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to put the links in a post, so that no one might miss them.

~hon~ said...

Oh sure. No problem. Watch them first before you post them. hehehe! If you trust the content then I am very much willing for you to post them. Gladly.