Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Our Time On Earth

Today's Prime Time with God talks of Revelations and the end of time. I thought this paragraph had a very good message.

"We are all moving toward a day in which we will be judged: "The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books" (Rev 20:12-13). Ultimately, we will all reign with Christ in a new heaven and earth (Rev 21). How you live your life now will determine your role in the new heaven and earth.

Your life on earth is a mere blink on the scale of time. Whatever hardships you've faced on earth will pale in comparison to the glory that is to be revealed when the marriage of the Bride of Christ takes place on that final day.

Be faithful. Stand firm. And see the glory of the Lord. Amen."

I've been thinking about that often. I try really hard to pay attention to my attitude and actions. Because we will be judged. I don't know about you, but I want to be accepted into the kingdom of heaven with our Father. I want to meet Jesus. I want to be reunited with family. I want to meet hubby's mother for the first time.

For those that believe that as long as you have accepted Christ into your heart then you are guaranteed a spot in heaven, perhaps you should go back and read the Bible again. There are certian rules to follow. Any way, check out the message.

4 comments:

Sam said...

What a great way to finish the old year and begin the new - to reflect on how transient this life is. We ought to live with eternity stamped on our hearts and minds! We are sojourners here - a people waiting for the promises of God to be fulfilled. A people looking forward to a better home... a dwelling place with Him for eternity! Heaven is only going to be heaven because He is there!

Thank you for putting the call out for us all to examine ourselves in the light of God’s Word – for not everyone who says to Him “Lord, Lord will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven”. This is one of the evidences that you are truly born from above – that you desire to leave the temporal things of this world behind and set your hearts on that which is above. It is more than a profession of faith, it is a life lived out in willing, humble service to the one who saved our souls! A growing in holiness and righteousness and desire, not to be like this world, but to be like Christ!

Omah's Helping Hands said...

"We ought to live with eternity stamped on our hearts and minds!"
I like that. So very true.

You've put the need to be more than a beliver, but to be a follower into good words. Thank you Sam.

May you be fullfilled and Blessed with the Lord our Heavenly Father in this New Year, a New Begining.
God Bless

~hon~ said...

"I don't know about you, but I want to be accepted into the kingdom of heaven with our Father." ~>Funny...of course, I want to be accepted, too. hehehe!

Romans 8:18
"I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us."

Sanctification after Salvation.

Yes I want to meet the FATHER face to face and saying, "Well done, good and faithful servant." Won't that be amazing?

For Sam, loved this ~>"Heaven is only going to be heaven because He is there!"

Tammy, GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY, my dear friend! I will read your email. I was quite surprised so I know I need to allot some time for it. Thank you for sharing.

P.U.S.H.

iLoveYou, my dear sister in CHRIST!

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Thanks hon. I love you too dear sister in Christ. Yes, Sam wrote an excellant comment!