Saturday, December 20, 2008

Prayer, Promise & Praise

On today's Prayer, Promise, and Praise, Warren Wiersbe talks about how we should pray when we are in trouble. The message is titled Willing to Lead. The message comes from Psalms 34:15 & 143:1-12. It starts out with the second scripture like this:

"How should we pray when we are going through trouble? We find several requests in David's prayer, and if we follow his example, God will lead us through our difficulties into blessing.First, he says, "Hear my prayer" (v. 1) and "answer me speedily, O Lord; my spirit fails!" (v. 7). We don't have to shout to God; we don't have to argue with Him. We simply can come to Him and say, "Lord, hear me." When a child comes to his father or mother, the parent has his ears open. "The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their cry" (Ps. 34:15). Have you prayed to God about what worries you today?"

What a great message. To read the complete message, click on the link above.

4 comments:

~hon~ said...

Wow this is a nice sneak preview! Like a yummy cake. hehehe! I need this one today. I have been praying about my worries today. And GOD has been faithful in calming me down. Tell us about your day when you come home. If you have any time, of course. GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY! P.U.S.H.

Worth A Thousand Words said...

Psalm 34:15 is one of my favorites! Great Post!

Kailana said...

Howdy! You have a Christmas Spirit Award waiting for you at my blog...

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Thank you hon, Chris, and Kailana.

I love Psalms and Proverbs. There is so much in just those two books alone.

I'll post about this past weekend in an hour or so. I still have the grand kids--four of them--aggghhh!!!! Hee hee. I love em. When I get back, I should be able to tell you all about it. It was a BLAST!!!!! Just a teaser for later. :0)