Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Brings the Peace of God

"You will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6 (NLT)

Once you make peace with God, that’s spiritual peace, then you get the peace of God in your heart and that’s emotional peace."


"This is the one you really need for daily living. The peace of God happens in your heart when you’ve made peace with God. All of a sudden, the stress in your life goes down. You’re not as angry as you used to be. Things don’t bother you as much. You’re a lot more patient. You’re filled with a lot more love and peace."

By: Rick Warren

This is a good one and very dear to my heart; as I have had this experience. There are times when watching the grand kids that life can seem out of control. Anger steps in. Patience quickly disappears. This happens easily when I have the one boy that is mentally challenged and he is acting out.

The only days that I have this problem in life is when I have not gotten in the word, or read daily devotionals, and prayed. Can you guess what He says to me? Child, you never came to me today. And then I feel like a heal. Apologize and talk to Him.

I've learned that at times I let the business that is ahead of me when getting up, or if I've slept too long, the stress level sets in quickly and then I do not think to take the time.

But...when I welcome the Lord into my life each morning, the days go so smoothly. So what is the lesson here. Don't start the day out on ones own. First thing, Good Morning Father God, Jesus Christ, and Holy Spirit. Then I ask for a covering of each family member, the church and friends. And of course I ask for guidance, for Him to walk with me, guide me, and show me what His plans are for me that day. To keep my tongue soft, rid of harshness.

My husband had recieved a daily prayer to use from a very, very good man of the Lord. He is a man that was given the gift of healing. It's amazing how filled he is of the Holy Spirit. I will share that prayer page later today. You can read the rest of Rick Warrens article at: The Purpose Driven Life. It's the Daily Devotional. Enjoy, and have a beautiful day/night depending on where you are. God Bless

3 comments:

Chris said...

I like what you said, "The peace of God happens in your heart when you've made peace with God." Well put!

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Thanks Chris. I like how Rick Warren words things. His writings are simply amazing.

~hon~ said...

Rick Warren is so anointed and has been gifted with so many insights. He truly has experienced them and shares them to us. I agree with everything he has written here. He is used mightily by GOD in writing.

Child, you never came to me today. ~Oh I like this! I've stored it in my long-term memory. I fail at this, too.

I like the contents of your prayer. And this is fun to read ~>Enjoy, and have a beautiful day/night depending on where you are.

GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY! GOD IS ALWAYS WITH YOU! P.U.S.H.