Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Rick Warrens Daily Devotional

How many of you carry regrets of the past; wishing we hadn't done this or that, wishing we could have the chance to do things differently; or as Rick Warren put it, use a lot of ifs in our lives?

The scripture he used in today's devotional is good:

"People who cover over their sins will not prosper. But if they confess and forsake them, they will receive mercy. Proverbs 28:13 (NLT)"

Rick talks of what most do with their regrets that they should not do, and then lists what God wants us to do with our regrets. Very good devotional that you can read here.

2 comments:

~hon~ said...

I admire Rick Warren. Anointed writer. Is that an email devotional?

Regrets are waste of time. hehehe! The past is done. Our present is here to do what we shouldn't have or should have done in the past without regrets. GOD has given us brighter days always. To make things right today out of yesterday's wrongs. To please GOD in every second of our lives.

You are a blessing to me. I see that you are new here but so many posts already. hehehe! Keep 'em coming!

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Yes it is. You can copy and paste this link https://www.saddlebackresources.com/en-US/MyAccount/Login.htm
This is the address to sign up for the devotional.
I too love Rick Warren. His book, "Purpose Driven Life" is what brought my son & I back to the Lord, and Praise God, brought my husband to the Lord for the first time!
Thank you so much for your kind words. Your words have encouraged me on.
God Bless!