Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Sue Happ Society?

Wow, timing! My son is listening to a pod cast right now and it is on hypocrisy. The pod cast is on Searchlight by Jon Courson. The story he shared reminded me of what a sue happy society we've become. It saddens me to hear how so many are suing for reasons that are just too far fetched. Have we become that desperate? I pray that these people will allow the Lord into their hearts and stop the idiosyncrasy's that allow them to react.

The story he was telling me about was a man that went in to have his stomach stapled as he had a serious eating habit. After the surgery, the man became hungry, so he got up, went to the nurses station and raided their refrigerator. In so doing, he popped the staples and ended up having another surgery. He is now suing the hospital for half a mil because they did not have the fridge locked! What????

It's because of people such as they that our medical costs keep climbing. Doctors get worried that they are going to be sued and hence come the higher costs so they can protect themselves from people of greed. Who can blame them?

Proverbs 28:25 reads: "A greedy person provokes conflict, but whoever trusts in the Lord will prosper." NKJV

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 reads:

9"Do you knot know that the unjust will not inherit God's kingdom? Do not be deceived: no sexually immoral people, idolaters, adulterers, male prostitues, homosexuals, 10 thieves, greedy people, drunkards, revilers, or swindlers will inherit God's kingdom. 11 Some of you were like this; but you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of God." NKJV

This is why we must pray as a group for these people to be saved. To pray that they will be saved before committing more of these atrocities that continue to hurt more and more people. Greed is a sin, greed does keep one from being with the Lord.

In Luke 12:15 we are warned of this: "He then told them, 'Watch out and be on guard against all greed because one's life is not in the abundance of his possessions." NKJV

Many areas throughout the Bible talk about Religious Hypocrisy.

Matthew Chapter 23 for instance with v 28: "In the same way, on the outside you seem righteous to people, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness." NKJV

Romans 12:9 reads: "Love must be without hypocrisy. Detest evil; cling to what is good." NKJV

James 3:13-18 reads: "13 Who is wise and understanding among you? He should show his works by good conduct with wisdom's gentleness. 14 But if you have bitter envy and selfish ambitions in your heart, don't brag and lie in defiance of the truth. 15 Such wisdom does not come down from above, but is earthly, sensual, demonic. 16 For where envy and selfish ambition exist, there is disorder and every kind of evil. 17 But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peace-loving, gentle, compliant, full of mercy and good fruits, without favortism and hypocrisy. 18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace." NKJV

Of course v. 17 was about hypocrisy, but felt it important to add the whole paragraph on that one, as it explains what to and not to do. Luke Chapters 11 and 12 also discuss hypocrisy. Obviously this is a very important subject to take to heart.

4 comments:

3 Bay B Chicks said...

I couldn't agree more with your words regarding our "sue happy" society. It really is appauling. I think you illustrated the point beautifully with your story about the man and his stomach staples. It is beyond comprehension, and honestly just plain sad, that people are unable to account for their own actions.

On a happier note, I wanted to return to your blog to let you know that we finally had a chance to follow-up on your lovely Christmas award. Granted, we are a bit behind, but I am hoping that how we went forward makes you smile.

http://3baybchicks.blogspot.com/2008/12/2009-new-years-spirit-award.html

Have a blessed day and thank you again thinking of us!

-Francesca

Omah's Helping Hands said...

I totally agree with you Francesca where you said, "It is beyond comprehension, and honestly just plain sad, that people are unable to account for their own actions."

We should be accountable for what we do.

That's so sweet about the award, and yes you did make me smile. No problem with being behind. Believe me, I have a lot of catching up to do. ;)

Have a blessed day as well and thanks for commenting. I love hearing from everyone.

Tammy

~hon~ said...

Oh I've heard about the Sue Happy society there. I'm just really shocked and sad about it. It is GOD's battle not ours. I admire you for the courage about tackling this topic. I really really appreciate it coz it saddens me when Cody tells me about it. The smallest things and they sue right away.

And I must say "WHAT???!!!" as well. That's just so sad. Really.

True. Greed and the love of money. They need our prayers and love. I believe that it is from the devil. They just need someone to reach out to them and share them the Truth about JESUS. I also believe in GOD's divine visitation. We just need to offer petitions to GOD but I'm sure GOD has HIS own amazing way of winning these souls.

Funny how I suggest and contradict myself after. Somehow. hahaha! I'm so weird. hahaha!

One of my favorite subjects is hypocrisy. hehehe! Thank you for posting this. You are one courageous princess of GOD. GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY, my dear sister in CHRIST!

I'm trying to catch up real quick. hehehe!

Omah's Helping Hands said...

It is sad. It's unbelievable how bad it has become. Sometimes I think people look for ways to create a problem just so they can sue for the money.

But the Lord will deal with it. It's just disheartening when Satan can control this so much and many of us pay the price, literally.

Yes, those people need us to pray for them. God Bless You Always, and Always P.U.S.H.