Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Quiz

Okay, I had gotten this in my email box a while back, but never thought of adding it to my blog. While visiting Blessed with Grace, I found this quiz that Lisa's twin sister Lana had posted. So all you have to do is copy and paste into your blog and answer the questions there. Leave me a comment so I'll know to check yours out.

Merry Christmas!

Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper for most, with an occasional use of gift bags.

Real tree or Artificial? Artificial: What can I say, it's the firefighters in us.

When do you put up the tree? New tradition; the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

Do you like eggnog? I can tolerate a little bit. Daughter loves it.

Favorite gift received as a child? My kitchen set.

Hardest person to buy for? The grandsons

Easiest person to buy for? Granddaughters

Do you have a nativity scene? Yes. It is one that my grandmother made out of ceramics. It's seen better days, but still holds sweet memories. It is very special to us.

Mail or email Christmas cards? Actually both. Mail for all Christmas cards, with additional e-mail cards on occasion.

Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A blouse that I personally would never have thought to buy.

Favorite Christmas Movie? The Christmas Story; A Santa Claus Movie; The Nativity; National Lampoons: A Christmas Vacation; Miracle on 34th Street; It's a Wonderful Life; and then all the animated Christmas programs such as: Rudolph; Frosty the Snowman. I could't pick just one.

When do you start Shopping? November/December Plan on starting in the begining of the year and collecting throughout the year.

Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, I'd feel too guilty.

Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? All the different goodies, but I guess I'd have to say, Ham, Dumplings and Sauerkraut. Yes, I like sauerkraut. ;)

Lights on the tree? definitely, multi colored flashing choices

Favorite Christmas songs? My all time favorite I think will never change. "Silent Night." This song holds so many memories and love. My grandmother and aunt would sing this song in and harmonize. They sang it beautifully. I still tear up to this day when I hear this song. Can't wait to hear them sing it again. I also have a deeper love for "I'll Be Home For Christmas after reading Lisa's reason for it being her favorite.

Travel at Christmas or stay home? This actually all depends on the weather. We try to spend time with my parents and sister and her family. We also stay home and celebrate with our kids and grandkids.

Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Amazingly so with even with my memory getting so bad. Now you know Dasher, & Dancer, & Prancer & Vixon; Cupid & Comet & Donner & Blitzen; but do you recall, the most famous rheindeer of all? Rudolph! As I said in previous posts, I'm still just a kid at heart.

Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel

Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve is spent celebrating our best Christmas present ever, or son's birthday. We also go to church that night, so we celebrate late
Christmas day with the rest of the family.


Favorite ornament theme or color? Ours has always been a hodge podge tree. There is no set color or scheme. It's just a collection of things we have found over the years.

What do you want for Christmas this year? A happy healthy family all together. For peace to come about in Iraq and Afghanistan so the troops can safely return home. For world hunger, and abuse to be put to an end. To continue growing in the Lord. And for all my new found friends to have peace, happiness, good health, and a continued growing friendship.

Person most likely to respond to this? Hee hee, I haven't a clue.

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

2 comments:

Lana said...

I loved reading you answers! Thanks for stopping by my blog :-)

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Thanks Lana.
Your welcome.Your blog is awesome. I really ennjoyed visiting and will do so more.