Friday, December 5, 2008

God's Paintings

Have you ever looked to the sky and thanked Him for such a beautiful painting? We did last night, and many other nights. The sky was beautiful as the sun set last night. It is like a painting in the sky. To be given such beauty in life is so awe inspiring. It warms my heart, and thankful for what we have been given while here on earth. I wish I had a camera with me at the time.

Then there are the mornings when watching the sun come up over the mountains. Gosh there has been soooo many beautiful mornings. It just starts the day out right. To take the time to enjoy the finer things in life is a blessing in itself. We are a lucky people. We should be a thankful people.

The one thing I am missing this year, and wonder why, is we have no snow yet. But there is a reason for all happenings. My heart goes out to the business such as ski resorts that are paying the cost of the weather not cooperating. For our area, our ski resort for our area has been hurting the past approx. 5 or so years. They used to open at Thanksgiving, but have not been able to until later. This is the latest I've seen them go without snow.

I know, it's global warming! Please, global warming is one thing I am so tired of hearing. Our world goes through these changes. This isn't the first time. We go through cold spells and warm spells. We are not the ones controlling that.

I have to confess, I had a hard time adjusting to no snow during Thanksgiving and especially Christmas. I used to say it just doesn't seem like Christmas with no snow. But now, I can still get in the spirit of the holidays, as it isn't about snow, presents, decorations, parties, and what have you; but rather the celebration of Christ! How can we not get excited about that?

Okay, I've rattled on enough this morning. I must get a wiggle on. We are going to go spend a late Thanksgiving with my parents and little sister and her family. We are leaving late this morning, so I guess I had better go get ready. Otherwise hubby will be saying, "I knew you wouldn't be able to drag yourself from the computer." ;)

So, I'll be back on here either Sun. or Mon. night. Have a Blessed weekend. I'll be back to visit you all soon.

God Bless and by all means, P.U.S.H.!

4 comments:

~hon~ said...

I love sunsets and sunrises! They're so beautiful! GOD's gifts to us. We are truly blessed.

GOD has a reason why there's no snow. Christmas is really about CHRIST that's why I get sad when people write it like, 'Xmas' because Christmas means nothing without CHRIST in it.

Funny hubby. Sounds like my Cody. hahaha!

Awww...I'll be missing your comments and follow-ups here in your blog but ENJOY!

GOD BLESS YOU ABUNDANTLY! P.U.S.H.

Susie Q said...

What a beautiful post! It lifted my spirits this morning and made me smile.

Thank you for that...I hope it is alright that i add you to my blog roles!

I will do the tag soon...thank you for thinking about me!

Have a sweet weekend...

Love,
Sue

Chris said...

Beautiful post!

Have fun on your trip.

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Thank you hon, Susie Q, and Chris.
I'm back and will post soon. I have some important family bus. to take care of first. Will explain soon. Love you all.
Oh, and I agree with you hon, Xmas is misused all too often. I used to do that without thinking of it in those terms.
God Bless!
P.U.S.H.