Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Sugar Cookie Variations

I missed Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays thus far. Good grief. So to make up for it. I'm going to offer a new invention I came up with last night with sugar cookies. I never did finish up the Christmas cookie dough. :( So the girls & I had fun with them yesterday, not doing cut outs, just cutting some off the roll and putting what ever they wanted on them.

I had some left over heath topping and butterscotch chips. So take some sugar and sprinkle dough lightly, then sprinkle heath topping over that. If you like butterscotch, a few butterscotch chips put the final taste bud experience exploding! (yes, I love butterscotch).

Other variations are to use semi-sweet chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, vanilla chips, white chocolate, or what ever else your favorite topping is.

I've also used orange peel in the cookie dough that gives a special taste along with almond flavoring which I absolutely loved. Using both is another idea. Have fun and enjoy!

Oh yeah, m&m's & peanut m&m's are good as well! ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmm.. sounds pretty good!! : D Not a fan of butterscotch but that's cool. lol well hope you have a very blessed day!!

3 Bay B Chicks said...

Um, yum! I adore butterscotch and was super excited to read this post. What a fun, fun way to spend time with your kids and have tasty treats at the same time.

The orange peel in the dough is inspired. I will have to try this over the next few days. Thank you!

-Francesca

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Francesca,

The grand kids & I had a lot of fun, and of coure they enjoyed the finished product. They had a hard time not getting too much sprinkles on the cookies, but it was all good. The girls used Christmas sprinlkes and sugars.

Hope you have as much fun with with you kids making them as we did!