Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Avoiding Conflict

In today's Prime Time with God, it said: "Many people hate conflict to the point they will never confront a wrong. Taking this path will only lead to later hardship. Such was the case for Absalom and his father King David." You can read the rest of the message by clicking the link to PTWG on the side bar.

This is a very good subject. I am very guilty of this one. Today's message was meant for people like myself. It's amazing how we can read things and not see the whole message clearly. Today's message has me doing some serious thinking.

For instance, there has been a wedge between my sister next in age for years. I have avoided the subject with here to avoid conflict. I've thought of the possibility of clearing the air with her. Now I realize this is something that should have been done a long time ago. It eats me up inside. All it does is cause more and more tension.

I've learned a lot from hubby's small group "letters from dad." I've come to realize how important it is to write and give to those that we hold dear in our hearts. Perhaps this is a route that can break that ever looming cloud that hangs between us. I know the Lord will lead the way and break that barrier between us.

Oh how I love His teachings, His timimg, His word.

4 comments:

Chris said...

I too have been guilty of avoiding conflict. My intensions are good, but the problem does not get solved. Thanks for your post!

This post will be the featured post today at Worth A Thousand Words.

Omah's Helping Hands said...

Thank you Chris. I think most if not all of us is guilty of this at a point(s) in our lives. I hear you about good intentions. Thanks for you comment and featuring the post.
God Bless!

~hon~ said...

I am guilty, as well but as what I've learned from the Bible...

Proverbs 27:5
Better is open rebuke
than hidden love.

The truth may hurt but the truth will always set us free. Like one of my friends, instead of confronting me, she kept it to herself and when the time came for an open rebuke, she then just tried to avoid it still. I'd really rather have rebukes. But then again, I still don't know what I did to hurt her so what happened is that she had hurt me more. Oh well, it's all good now. hehehe!

We need to have the courage of confronting but with LOVE. It is not wrong to correct others. We are accountable to all our brothers and sisters. If we care enough, we confront with rebukes full of LOVE.

Oh no...longer than your post. hahaha! I am still guilty since sometimes I'd just rather ignore the person and leave it at that. I do more thinking than doing I guess (well, most of the time). hehehe!

Truly, GOD is dealing with you and it's good to know that you are listening. GOD is pleased with you. This is a long ago post but I need this today. You have no idea. A revelation. GOD used you. No kidding. I'm still smiling though. hehehe!

GOD will make a way for you and your sister in HIS Perfect Timing. Smile, my friend, smile. GOD LOVES YOU SO MUCH!

Omah's Helping Hands said...

You are so right. It is better to confront than let it go. I do however though, believe that sometimes God wants us to let it go. Perhaps because we are reading the person wrong, or confrontation will only make the problem worse. Only He knows the reasons.

I'm glad the post was good timing. Just as yours are too for me. I love His ways and His perfect timing.

I believe the Lord is working on the situation between my sister and I. Thank you so much for you kind words. You are such a dear sweet friend.

God is with you, leading and teaching you. I love how you follow and let Him lead!

God Bless You Always my dear and wonderful friend.